Part Timer Screwjob

zeev

Expect things to get worse they are desperate to get the stock price up, Mgt can do anything they want HR is worthless they only let you win to make you feel like you have some control. All bets are off now.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Other than this surprising situation, this is a very good manager. I expect him to make it right. I'm very surprised at him though
Someone from the district is either on his ass or he's real close to achieving a fat bonus. My bet is on the former.

MassWineGuy

Until we hear how this manager acts to resolve this problem, it's impossible to know what happened. There definitely are no bonuses going to managers these days.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Until we hear how this manager acts to resolve this problem, it's impossible to know what happened. There definitely are no bonuses going to managers these days.
No it's not impossible. Managers aren't that hard to figure out. They tend to repeat their bad habits even though this one seemed to be in good graces up 'til now.

While management bonuses may be a thing of the past, they used to try that sort of thing with us until one of the managers slipped up one day about his bonus. Now pressure from the district to cut costs is a likely reason however. Not a good one and hardly ethical but some of these managers come off as desperate and if it screws the work group or an individual, then they've survived another day. Never had any desire to be a manager. I like to be able to sleep at night.

AB831

Someone from the district is either on his ass or he's real close to achieving a fat bonus. My bet is on the former.
Our district manager is a real life Batman villain. Drops in once or twice a year to tell everyone how awful they're doing, speaks profanely, boasts about how much money he makes, etc. Just a truly horrible guy. I guess that actually makes me sympathize with those who work under him