Part timer wanting to go out on military leave

Doing time

We have had several guys do this. One Army and one Marine. Good luck with it. On a side note, my Marine co-worker calls the Air Force the “Chair Force”.

DOK

Hey everyone i am a part timer that is wanting to enlist in the Air Force. I’ve been working here for the past 9 months.

Is it true that if you go out on military leave you still gain seniority and are able to bid on jobs when you get back?

I’m 18 ( about to turn 19 ) and want to do a 4 year term after I get out I would probably have enough seniority to get a driver spot.

Has anybody done this before? Not very sure how it works
Yes, it works. Guy in my building did it, when he came back after 5 years he drove right away, jumped ahead of a bunch of guys. Very smart move young man. Good luck to you and thanks for your commitment to serve our country!

PT Car Washer

Yes, it works. Guy in my building did it, when he came back after 5 years he drove right away, jumped ahead of a bunch of guys. Very smart move young man. Good luck to you and thanks for your commitment to serve our country!
Didn't jump ahead of anyone. Used his seniority.

nWo

Use your time in the military to learn a marketable skill so you don't have to drive a UPS truck. I have friends that were enlisted for 4-6 years now they work as civilians on base making ~$45/hr. 7a-3p. All holidays off. No weekends.

trickpony1

Use your time in the military to learn a marketable skill so you don't have to drive a UPS truck. I have friends that were enlisted for 4-6 years now they work as civilians on base making ~$45/hr. 7a-3p. All holidays off. No weekends.
Another option would be:
When you get out, join the Reserves;
Get a degree;
Become an Officer.

When you retire you'll have:
Soc. Sec.;
UPS Pension and;
Military pension.

You may have trouble counting your money each momth.
Suggestive helping.

TeltBender

Not true. You can be already working at UPS and take a military leave of absence. They have to hold your job for you. I think it is for 4 years but not sure about that. Longer would be considered a career move so they would then no longer be required to hold your job.
It’s 5 years, they hold your job as per federal law

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to say the only difference between the Army and UPS (did both) was that you could quit UPS. You can't say that anymore. Now days all you have to do is say you miss your mommy and you can get out of the Army. The pussafication of America continues.

trickpony1

I used to say the only difference between the Army and UPS (did both) was that you could quit UPS. You can't say that anymore. Now days all you have to do is say you miss your mommy and you can get out of the Army. The pussafication of America continues.
.....and this will, essentially, be reflected on your DD 214 and will follow you the rest of your life.

Forward thinking helping.