Part timers pay

AndUPSER

Like I tell every co-worker that complains about the wages, you have a voice and. Union to express it to. Speak up, attend meetings, pass out flyers, organize groups, etc. It's to late now, but you can prepare to speak up for the 2018 contract.

As for the wage, I think $10 is a perfect starting point. I would like to see a little more aggressive progression when it comes to raises.

Also, in my building, PTers can double shift almost every day. I do not currently because of school, but it's easy overtime money after 5 hours.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
All those medical benefits sure make paying rent easier. There isn't a PTer on my belt older than 28, we don't need medical. Can't remember the last time I went to the doctor. I'd rather they scrap the medical benefits and I get paid better.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All those medical benefits sure make paying rent easier. There isn't a PTer on my belt older than 28, we don't need medical. Can't remember the last time I went to the doctor. I'd rather they scrap the medical benefits and I get paid better.

I have suggested this very thing many times on this forum---a higher wage on lieu of benefits. My BA said that this is not legal to do.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You knew the starting wage when you took the job....why cry about it?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not really.
pat_higgins_crossing_street_with_cane.jpeg
This is Pat...your new personal crossing guard.....

That will change, when you get a family and get a little older. Plus as of now, you do not pay taxes on your benefits!

Our benefits plans do not exceed the threshold and even if they did we would pay tax only on the amount that exceeded the threshold.
What I was trying to say was...................If the op made more money per hour , then decided he need benefits. He would be far ahead of the game, than making more money and paying for benefits with after tax dollars. When your young like that, you only see the hourly wage.....not the whole picture!

All I was trying to say was the difference in pay between me and the guy above me is a substantial amount and he has only been there 7 yrs longer. And now they have raised the starting pay so that there isn't that much of a difference between me and new hires

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
All I was trying to say was the difference in pay between me and the guy above me is a substantial amount and he has only been there 7 yrs longer. And now they have raised the starting pay so that there isn't that much of a difference between me and new hires
That's also because the contract that ended in 2007 gave PT's a dollar raise a year. The old contract (the one we're still working under now) gives all employees hired in 2007 or later only 50 cents a year.

Random_Facts

Pay might be iffy, but just remember as a loader, you have the power to screw your driver over. Especially on a Friday. UPS can be miserable, but it's all how you look at it. Lol.Seriously though, grab another part time job on the side. Most in our hub are going to college, once done with college they move on.