part timers!

Overpaid Union Thug

New part timers deserve more pay. As a full timer making over $31/hr I will gladly take pay freeze (minus COLA) in order to allow them to get a pay rate better than $8.50/hr. Us full timers should be concentrating on pensions and workload (over 9.5s) for the next contract.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
New part timers deserve more pay. As a full timer making over $31/hr I will gladly take pay freeze (minus COLA) in order to allow them to get a pay rate better than $8.50/hr. Us full timers should be concentrating on pensions and workload (over 9.5s) for the next contract.
I don't see why part-timers deserve more pay. Benefits package is worth how much, per hour?

One thing I would like to see: 22.3 jobs go to a 4 day, 40 hour workweek. S-T, T-friend.
If UPS or any part of corporate America (or the Teamsters) had a soul, they would see to this.

Buck Fifty

Is that big arrow pushed up through your brain ? If it's not, walk outside and thaw your brain out a bit. There is no reason for such talk. I personally would like to put forth that we separate PT and FT, and each of us work under our own contracts. Pay Freeze, no comprende !

DainGrant

Partimers dnt stick together thats the problem!!! Most of them dnt go to union meetings n stuff like that many of them dnt even kno we have a contract..lol I was speaking to a new hire and asked him if he made book he was like what is make book? Im like seriously bro!!! I said u kno about the union he was like which union...??? I think most of these guys are conned!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I make $21.00 plus an hour ,with benefits ,second to none,and a pension !!! Where in the world are you going to get a part time job like that . Just to read zip codes and load or unload trucks . How much skill or education is in that. We need to look in the mirror here for what we do as pt'ers for 16 t 20 hrs a week the compensation is great and all brought to you by the IBT. I agree that the starting wage should go up but say it with your vote. My son is just finishing his progression,4th year of pt at brown while he is going to college between this month and Aug 1 he will recieve $1.47 per hour raise and has already benefited in $12,000.00 tuition reinbursement (a non union sponsered benefit). Pretty good for a part time job.
The contract is not crap if you don't like it change it or go somewhere else.

PS absolutley no give back on benefits !!!!

Overpaid Union Thug

Is that big arrow pushed up through your brain ? If it's not, walk outside and thaw your brain out a bit. There is no reason for such talk. I personally would like to put forth that we separate PT and FT, and each of us work under our own contracts. Pay Freeze, no comprende !

Is there something other than an arrow up your arse causing you so much pain to make you lose your mind? Part timers STILL start at $8.50/hr and I'm making almost as much (or more) as friends and family with with Masters degrees or are a nurse practitioner. That is ridiculous. I don't care if they have insurance or not. Hour for hour most part timers (especially the newer ones) do more wore work than the average driver. Comparitively I mean. Those of that are doing our jobs correctly anyway.

whiskers

Partimers dnt stick together thats the problem!!! Most of them dnt go to union meetings n stuff like that many of them dnt even kno we have a contract..lol I was speaking to a new hire and asked him if he made book he was like what is make book? Im like seriously bro!!! I said u kno about the union he was like which union...??? I think most of these guys are conned!!

Were you born with all that knowledge of the contract? Sounds to me like you are in a good position to mentor and educate these new hires. After all we are suppose to be a "brotherhood".

HubBub

You guys are right, I didn't vote on the last contract... of course I didn't work for the company at the time. Why should workers hired under previous contracts care about their Teamster brothers and sisters who haven't been hired yet? Fact is, PT'ers and FT'ers both will be happy to sell out future employees as long as they keep what they got. It's why I worry the next contract will preemptively screw me over before I make driver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You guys are right, I didn't vote on the last contract... of course I didn't work for the company at the time. Why should workers hired under previous contracts care about their Teamster brothers and sisters who haven't been hired yet? Fact is, PT'ers and FT'ers both will be happy to sell out future employees as long as they keep what they got. It's why I worry the next contract will preemptively screw me over before I make driver.

It's good to be a realist as this is exactly what is going to happen.

Buck Fifty

Is there something other than an arrow up your arse causing you so much pain to make you lose your mind? Part timers STILL start at $8.50/hr and I'm making almost as much (or more) as friends and family with with Masters degrees or are a nurse practitioner. That is ridiculous. I don't care if they have insurance or not. Hour for hour most part timers (especially the newer ones) do more wore work than the average driver. Comparitively I mean. Those of that are doing our jobs correctly anyway.

No pain here, just disbelief that you would talk about a pay freeze. I have posted a few times that the pkg car loaders have the toughest job at UPS, but I am not willing to freeze my pay for it. I hope you pull your head out before it comes time to vote, and thank God your not on the negotiation committee.

Overpaid Union Thug

No pain here, just disbelief that you would talk about a pay freeze. I have posted a few times that the pkg car loaders have the toughest job at UPS, but I am not willing to freeze my pay for it. I hope you pull your head out before it comes time to vote, and thank God your not on the negotiation committee.
Are your serious? Us drivers have it pretty easy. Yeah we sweat and work long hours but is it hard? Nah! Between working at UPS and RPS/FedEx Ground I've done pretty much every inside job there is. Hour for hour I've never worked as hard as i did in those days. Especially the low seniority years. As a driver how hard you work depends on our willingness to do your job correctly by following methods. If you aren't and are running and running and skipping lunch then no wonder you think it's so hard.

Buck Fifty

Are your serious? Us drivers have it pretty easy. Yeah we sweat and work long hours but is it hard? Nah! Between working at UPS and RPS/FedEx Ground I've done pretty much every inside job there is. Hour for hour I've never worked as hard as i did in those days. Especially the low seniority years. As a driver how hard you work depends on our willingness to do your job correctly by following methods. If you aren't and are running and running and skipping lunch then no wonder you think it's so hard.

Slow your roll BAU, Never said it was hard, not as hard as your head anyway. Just said that you have a screw loose talking about a pay freeze !!! How much the PTers make is not up to me or you, its what the company is willing to pay them. You read whatever you want into my post, but I'm not willing to say give it all to the PTers , I dont want nothing.

klolx

Slow your roll BAU, Never said it was hard, not as hard as your head anyway. Just said that you have a screw loose talking about a pay freeze !!! How much the PTers make is not up to me or you, its what the company is willing to pay them. You read whatever you want into my post, but I'm not willing to say give it all to the PTers , I dont want nothing.

LOL @ getting mad with the pay freeze.

There is no need to be upset.

Overpaid Union Thug

Who died and made you god? Coming here talking that kind of smack makes you like like a real jerk you know that?