Partial Service Pension

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Mine will be 21 years full time and 9 years part time. 2028 would be my last peak and I’d be on vacation the first seven weeks of 2029. My 30 year anniversary would hit under my vacation time and I’d come back and work one day and then retire. That’s the plan anyway.
Never too early to start planning and getting all your ducks in a row. Don't be like these guys who get to 30 years and then act like the whole retirement/ pension scenario is a big mystery that just happened.

Overpaid Union Thug

Never too early to start planning and getting all your ducks in a row. Don't be like these guys who get to 30 years and then act like the whole retirement/ pension scenario is a big mystery that just happened.

The three things that concern me are making sure UPS doesnt short me, my kids being squared away at that time, and not like most drivers and so far in debt that I have to work almost 40 years. I desperately do not want to be that driver at the top of the seniority list that everybody is trying to shoo away. LOL

Shiftless

The three things that concern me are making sure UPS doesnt short me, my kids being squared away at that time, and not like most drivers and so far in debt that I have to work almost 40 years. I desperately do not want to be that driver at the top of the seniority list that everybody is trying to shoo away. LOL

I agree!

Well played works better than being run over and wondering what happened !!

I could have cared less about being #1 on someones list !

I chose to get it right and retire as quickly as possible.

Amazing how many thought it was so cool or would be cool to triple dip. Work//SS//Pension & keep working till you puke or die in or on the truck? W T friend ???

Gotta Love Choices!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I found it great fun

Overpaid Union Thug

I agree!

Well played works better than being run over and wondering what happened !!

I could have cared less about being #1 on someones list !

I chose to get it right and retire as quickly as possible.

Amazing how many thought it was so cool or would be cool to triple dip. Work//SS//Pension & keep working till you puke or die in or on the truck? W T friend ???

Gotta Love Choices!
It’s amazing how many drivers in my center are approaching 35+ years. That itself is not a bad thing but most in my center are still here after 30 because they can’t afford to retire. Screw that. My only debt is my house. I’m one of the few drivers in my center that didn’t go out and immediately buy a boat, jet skis, and an oversize/unnecessary work truck with all the bells and whistles when I went full time. My goal has always been to work to live. Not live to work.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It’s amazing how many drivers in my center are approaching 35+ years. That itself is not a bad thing but most in my center are still here after 30 because they can’t afford to retire. Screw that. My only debt is my house. I’m one of the few drivers in my center that didn’t go out and immediately buy a boat, jet skis, and an oversize/unnecessary work truck with all the bells and whistles when I went full time. My goal has always been to work to live. Not live to work.
I made a plan to leave at 25 years FT and that's exactly what I did.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I hate to say it but those in the Central and Southern it is still a big mystery...That whole Central States Pension Fiasco will be hanging over our heads till it's insolvency.

25 years just Full Time under the IBT/UPS pension formula is 2000 or 2500 dollars a month, if you start at age 21 and retire at age 46 you will need to make sure that your retiree's Health and Welfare is protected from any drastic increases or elimination. The good news is that you can retire at 46 and still find work that will provide Health and Welfare coverage and supplement your loss of income. A lot depends on your health, the percentages of those who are forced out before their time has to be high.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I hate to say it but those in the Central and Southern it is still a big mystery...That whole Central States Pension Fiasco will be hanging over our heads till it's insolvency.

25 years just Full Time under the IBT/UPS pension formula is 2000 or 2500 dollars a month, if you start at age 21 and retire at age 46 you will need to make sure that your retiree's Health and Welfare is protected from any drastic increases or elimination. The good news is that you can retire at 46 and still find work that will provide Health and Welfare coverage and supplement your loss of income. A lot depends on your health, the percentages of those who are forced out before their time has to be high.
I know a couple guys who rolled out at 46, definitely nice to have that option.

Vette51

20 years ago a p/t pension isn't what it is now. Mine is $50/year, coworkers ft before year 2000 pt years are $26 a year. CS

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Jones you really don't have to wait till the first of the year to retire. Several people that I know only worked till the end of Oct. because at that point you would have accrued 40 weeks for the year. So they retired on the last day of Oct. got their first pension check on Nov. 1st and then a little while later they got their 7 weeks vacation checks(because vacations are paid in the rears). So you would not have do that last peak!!!!
You can retire in September and get all your accrued vacation for the following year, but if you want to get paid out for your accrued 5 sick and 5 personal you have to work at least 1 day into the new year. This is in local 639, might be different in other places.

oldngray

nowhere special
You can retire in September and get all your accrued vacation for the following year, but if you want to get paid out for your accrued 5 sick and 5 personal you have to work at least 1 day into the new year. This is in local 639, might be different in other places.
By mid Sept you should have your 40 weeks but most people finish out the month. To get your vacation you had to work a day in Jan for my local too, It comes down to whether you want to work another peak to get that money.