Parting Of Ways

bacha29

Nah, they could have purchased any delivery company they wanted for years. They don’t want to be a common carrier. They want to control the high margin urban areas and outsource the rest. If UPS follows our lead they can be slowed down for a few years.
Senior transportation analyst David Broughton has been saying the same thing for months. Nobody wants to do the rural areas . They would all gladly outsource all of rural America if they could just find somebody dumb enough to be willing to do it for nothing, and who just happens to be the carrier of the last resort? The good old United States Postal Service.

Star B

White Lightening
Senior transportation analyst David Broughton has been saying the same thing for months. Nobody wants to do the rural areas . They would all gladly outsource all of rural America if they could just find somebody dumb enough to be willing to do it for nothing, and who just happens to be the carrier of the last resort? The good old United States Postal Service.
except the USPS won't do 150lbs. 70lbs is the max. So... there goes a ton of freight that Amazon can no longer deliver. No more Mattress in Boxes, Generators, trampolines, or heavy car parts.

They'll also have to ship more packages at 65-69.9 and one things damn sure, those RCAs will be weighing every "70"lb package that doesn't seem 70lbs and RTSing them.

bacha29

except the USPS won't do 150lbs. 70lbs is the max. So... there goes a ton of freight that Amazon can no longer deliver. No more Mattress in Boxes, Generators, trampolines, or heavy car parts.

They'll also have to ship more packages at 65-69.9 and one things damn sure, those RCAs will be weighing every "70"lb package that doesn't seem 70lbs and RTSing them.
The 70 lb limit is a well known fact. But don't worry if he can find an LTL willing to run straight trucks and do it for a price low enough as a temporary solution Bezos will be standing there grinning like a possum. Look obviously in the end he'll have to spend a reservoir full of money to fill out his own nationwide truck line but doing it by copying the XG model might just make it cheap enough to make it doable and done at a faster pace.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I don’t think they’d be slowed down at all. I think they’d be pushed all the way to the point where they would have no choice but to buy a delivery company. My guess would be that they’d buy Ground and begin a massive overhaul of their customer base.

And what better delivery company to buy than one with a contractor model that has already been through the court system enough that it reflects what the court system wants and is less susceptible -in its current form and under current laws- to litigation?

It will be fine

And what better delivery company to buy than one with a contractor model that has already been through the court system enough that it reflects what the court system wants and is less susceptible -in its current form and under current laws- to litigation?
That’s an optimistic view of Ground. The lawsuits never really stop. They might be past most of the major ones but I kinda doubt that. The contractor model is built on edging the lines until the courts smack you back. Litigation is a built in feature of the model.

floridays

When it comes to responses, being that you're a retired letter carrier (oh, those are so heavy!) and in a place where in never snows (that white stuff that falls on the ground when it gets cold) and you're tires never come in contact with an unpaved surface( that brown stuff? it's called mud), we've come to expect nothing insightful. But that's ok.

You signed on for it and always want to blame the other guy. I suppose there wasn't any of that white stuff you guys call snow before you signed on.
That God fella is a sneaky guy, he waits for Bacha to sign on the dotted line then throws him a curveball and invents this silly snow thing.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
@Fred's Myth

floridays

I don’t think they’d be slowed down at all. I think they’d be pushed all the way to the point where they would have no choice but to buy a delivery company. My guess would be that they’d buy Ground and begin a massive overhaul of their customer base.
Can't buy ground unless it on Fedex's terms.

Fedex will never sacrifice ground.
My opinion.

rickyb

Actually they aren't.
That white or yellow substance that can cover them by six inches was made with love in the kitchen.
You didn't like grandmom's cherry or peach cobbler?
its pretty superficial either way.

coming from a guy with little abs

whenIgetthere

Just bought a generator thru Amazon a month ago, it was delivered in a straight truck but forget the name of the company who delivered it. Had never heard of them before.

bacha29

Just bought a generator thru Amazon a month ago, it was delivered in a straight truck but forget the name of the company who delivered it. Had never heard of them before.
When you come to use it be sure to trip your main disconnect. Had a power outage in this area a few years back. A guy started up his generator and didn't trip his disconnect . Power went back out to his transformer which stepped it back up . The power then went back up the line and killed a lineman from the local power cooperative who was working on the outage.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
By chance is it one of those Italian-made generators made by that new outfit?....GenItalia I believe is the name of the company.

fatboy33

As a retired Ops, Amazon was the most demanding Customer. They demanded the lowest cost/pkg, highest service levels, making promises of volume that they didn't deliver. As far as I am concerned, no loss. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.:raspberry-tounge:
Bezos expects welfare from any and all entities, government, vendors and employees. Now the they have their own drivers and they will leave packages, going to locked apartment complexes in the gutter and on to the next stop. I can only imagine the missing package counts they'll have during this years peak. porch pirates are hip to the lazy drivers leaving boxes in front of a locked gate or security door. We will see.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Since when have the lawsuits ever stopped? Do you think they really care what the courts want? They’ll push their luck, muddy the waters and blur the lines until the next lawsuit which I’m sure will be real soon.

Thanks for the laugh anyway.

Serf

I think this statement is not totally off balance. I heard an older employee once say: " What Express does just in the tri state area alone in Pick up & Delivery is enough to turn profit for the entire operation. The rest of the country is gravy." I'm not sure it's a fact, but I'm also not sure it's total BS.

59 Dano

Since when have the lawsuits ever stopped? Do you think they really care what the courts want? They’ll push their luck, muddy the waters and blur the lines until the next lawsuit which I’m sure will be real soon.

Thanks for the laugh anyway.

There were major lawsuits that led to major significant changes in the contractor model that more clearly defined the powers and expectations of both parties. Sorry you missed the news.

59 Dano

I think this statement is not totally off balance. I heard an older employee once say: " What Express does just in the tri state area alone in Pick up & Delivery is enough to turn profit for the entire operation. The rest of the country is gravy." I'm not sure it's a fact, but I'm also not sure it's total BS.

Yeah, older delusional employees are frequently saying such things that make no sense whatsoever.