Passing the Time in Smalls Sort (On Topic Please)

Overpaid Union Thug

I remember our hardest, craziest, heaviest day last year during peak in load- volume was at it's craziest, but very much the most anticipated kind of crazy volume, talk about swimming in packages! I don't know why everyone hated it, to me there was nothing like the thrill and the pride that I felt after knocking those cans down, one after another with hella decent quality considering what time it was. Maybe it was the energy supplements, lol, but that was the ultimate challenge and it was so much fun. Not one moment of downtime that entire 10 hours.
I hope you were able to take breaks according to the contract and your state's labor laws. 10 hours would get 30 minutes in my state.

Cowboy Mac

I'm guessing you got put in small sort because of an injury. An injury that you probably got while loading. Any sane person would see this as a promotion. If you want excitement, go ride a roller coaster.

working up a sweat

I call small sort the "Hen House". Mostly womyn thinking they are important and doing the most complaining, doing the easiest job UPS has to offer.

In my hub the the injury rate in small sort is 10 times higher then the unload.

I worked with women doing unload. They don't complain, but are in good shape. Very few there. They get my respect.

A few can do preload too. I respect them too.

Never seen any women doing irregs though. That is the brute strength area.

Also loading feeders. Maybe only 1 doing that here.

They give women the easier jobs like pick off, small sort or loading the lightest air can loads where I work. They think that they are the experts.

But heck, we all get paid the same on seniority.

PT Car Washer

I call small sort the "Hen House". Mostly womyn thinking they are important and doing the most complaining, doing the easiest job UPS has to offer.

I worked with women doing unload. They don't complain, but are in good shape. Very few there. They get my respect.

They give women the easier jobs like pick off, small sort or loading the lightest air can loads where I work. They think that they are the experts.

My building has a lot of career female preloaders. I agree females loading trailers in the hub don't last long. A few days or weeks at the most.

Fergalicious

Just curious, which hub location is yours?