Pay Calculation

upsermom

My question is how is pay calculated. It is a little different each week. When my son first started driving while still preloading they paid him straight time for the first 5 hours of preload, then the rest of preload it was time and a half. Then the first 3 hours of driving was regular pay with the remainder at overtime. Each week has been a little different. Today's check was 8 hours of regular pay for preload, then the rest of the day was overtime driving pay. The only day that was different was a day that he only preloaded. That was 5 hours of regular with 3.5 hours of overtime. Can anyone explain this?

flupser

not even Albert Einstein could explain big brown's payroll system. Hell, even our own payroll dept. could'nt explain it to you, that is where you could understand it.

retired2000

you think your son has problems with payroll. i was retired for 2 years and one day in jan. a wage and earnings statement showed up in my mailbox. seems someone in nj. was training and used my name. so instead of cancelling it out they pressed send. what a hassel to get that undone.

Fredly000

Just Another in Brown
if your son is hired as a driver, but is working preload for sort of a combo
until preload is fully staffed,

If he hasn't qualified as a driver yet.
He'll get his driver wage, then an adjustment for the hours worked
as a preloader, but all hours over 8 are overtime.

If he has qualified as a driver,
He'll get his driver wage for any and all hours worked, no difference in
wage if they need him on preload, they still pay him driver wage. And all hours over 8 are overtime.

If he is a combo driver (article 22.3) thats a whole arena I know nothing of.

YMMV, but that was my experience.

U

Unregistered

Fredly000 said:
if your son is hired as a driver, but is working preload for sort of a combo
until preload is fully staffed,

If he hasn't qualified as a driver yet.
He'll get his driver wage, then an adjustment for the hours worked
as a preloader, but all hours over 8 are overtime.

If he has qualified as a driver,
He'll get his driver wage for any and all hours worked, no difference in
wage if they need him on preload, they still pay him driver wage. And all hours over 8 are overtime.

If he is a combo driver (article 22.3) thats a whole arena I know nothing of.

YMMV, but that was my experience.

Combo driving is purely straight pay...regardless of preload or not, and they have a max pay, which is why some of our guys here wish they had just stayed on the preload, and made twice as much, and only lose about 3 or 4 hours a day.