Pay check

texan

This has been a discussion at my workplace also.

Truthfully, we all just do not know.

It has not been announced by payroll that we can find.

Guess we will all know soon.

We have some that have direct deposit to a credit union that posts early, and some post later with
other banks on the normal yearly cycle.

I have seen, right before a quarter ends, an early deposit, but this one has not been shared.

Only people in payroll, and the UPS Comptroller knows for sure, this holiday cycle.

texan

Checked bank on line 11/21/212 No deposit.
I was not needing it, but a few of my younger peers are all hyped up for Black Friday I guess.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
It's always like this on short, holiday weeks. The people who get paper checks, get theirs on the short day. You wouldn't think you would be at a disadvantage by going direct deposit, but this is the one case where it is a disadvantage. Your check will post around midnight Thursday night. That is why the banks have it as 11/23.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's always like this on short, holiday weeks. The people who get paper checks, get theirs on the short day. You wouldn't think you would be at a disadvantage by going direct deposit, but this is the one case where it is a disadvantage. Your check will post around midnight Thursday night. That is why the banks have it as 11/23.

Those without direct deposit may have their check in hand and can deposit them but if they want to cash them they will have to wait until tomorrow (Friday) as the checks are dated for Friday.

brownmonster makes a good point but seems to have forgotten what it was like to be in his early 20's and living paycheck to paycheck.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you are living paycheck to paycheck the last thing on your mind should be Black Friday deals on 65 inch TVs and and Smart Phones. That being said, the 65 incher I picked up last year will work great for the games today.