Pay$ Discrimination Against Seasoned & Senior Employees (Union & Management)

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Late night texting perhaps?
Childish? No, sir. My post was clear, concise, and punctuated appropriately.

Your topic of your post was literally anything but clear, and was a full-blown rambling mess in its entirety.

This thing with your phone number, bro....wtf???

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Well all the Typing is hiding from the concise decision freedom of speech vocals instead of typing complaints. Let your voice be Heard guess you don't hear me.. Good luck reading.. Again Thread started from
Drhst29 said:
None of the last 5 pages of bull:censored2: charges the facts that yes, this is the lightest peak ever and to acknowledge the last 5 pages of bull:censored2:: part timers do not deserve even a quarter of the pay that a full time driver earns. There's very minimal risk in loading a truck. What, you might throw out your back or pull a muscle? While driving, UPS is responsible if you kill somebody or yourself in an accident. Much, much more responsibility is placed on the driver than the preloaded. I agree that the preloaders should get paid $25/hour. If and and only if the drivers get paid $100/hour. Drivers assume all of the risk

SO COMMENT THREAD REPLY WAS......"more than 32,000 people die due to an auto accident. Of those killed in auto accidents, nearly 5,000 were in an accident involving a semi-truck." So 15% %of money should go to driver of cars....Example Truck drivers want to make 100,000 dollars per year and be on the road with daily citizens government should pay 15,000per year to citizens just for driving since their at more risk then truck drivers. I drive a hour 1(hour) (to & fro) 10% of a (Package or Truck driver daily 10hour shift) 10% of $100,000$ = $10,000 deemable...Also 1 driver per truck 2 to 3 in a car.... sooooo...etc.... and Mid-Night &Preload Twilight Daysort.... employees are at risk due to packages falling 20-50feet in the air. Weighing 10 to 70 pounds and Smack dead or concussion.even falling from belt or slide 25 feet in the air....Also Co-Vid...and being broke 25k a year homeless or less money made bleeding out our a** due to picking up 10,000 pounds or more DAILY. (804)-687-8391... I started with 8.50$ per hour at age 19 in 2002 while in US Army etc... now @ 25$ per hour... but new hires @ 21$ per hour... Discrimination & a ripoff lawsuit in the making... yall should be complaining on getting raises for seasoned employees. New hires starting with more then a employee that worked there with 5+ experience that's like starting a senator with more money then the president... smh
Geeeezus Man. Please take your meds!

Somehow...

I picture the op with a tear in their right eye...

Sniffling...

While wiping their left eye with their sleeve.

Scared op thread part 3...
giphy (1) (27).gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ok, I think I understand. He thinks pay should be proportional to risk of bodily injury. He's also upset that new guys start out way higher than when he started. I think he thinks the government should pay us to drive our own personal cars on our own time because that comes with risk too (maybe I misunderstood).

My two cents: if you look at the actual numbers for risk of bodily injury, comparisons between industries, and adjust for local market conditions, UPS is probably ok, just my guess though.

As for new guys making more than when you started, all I can say is you should have held out for more? The reason they have to pay so much is because young folk place a higher value on their personal time than us old fogies, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Finally, the government wants you to stop driving, they aren't going to pay you to drive.

Yolo

$8.50 in 2002 was a fairly competitive wage. Wasn't amazing but other warehouses we're paying $7. If you were lucky maybe $10. Not to mention in 2002 health insurance started after 30-60 days? Now it's 9 months. And the new hire is doing the same job as you. So why shouldn't their pay be similar? Pissing on your neighbor's lawn isn't going to make your lawn greener.

$8.50 in 2002 was a fairly competitive wage. Wasn't amazing but other warehouses we're paying $7. If you were lucky maybe $10. Not to mention in 2002 health insurance started after 30-60 days? Now it's 9 months. And the new hire is doing the same job as you. So why shouldn't their pay be similar? Pissing on your neighbor's lawn isn't going to make your lawn greener.
$8/hr in 1982 was not bad money. $9/hr if you worked the preload. Just never thought it would go up $.50/hr in 20 years.

HoseaW

Conversation started when "Drhst29 said:
None of the last 5 pages of bull:censored2: charges the facts that yes, this is the lightest peak ever and to acknowledge the last 5 pages of bull:censored2:: part timers[[ do not deserve]]] even a quarter of the pay that a full time driver earns. There's very minimal risk in loading a truck. What, you might throw out your back or pull a muscle? While driving, UPS is responsible if you kill somebody or yourself in an accident. "

Also that drivers should get 100per hour... and that hub employees don't deserve a quarter of that amount...

HOSEAW: While hub loaders put Supply in the trailer for truck driver to haul. But 25$ is still lower then National average 30$ per hr(www.bls.gov Bureau of Labor & Statistics.gov)

After 19 years is dirty to start new hires at 20$ and not give a pay increase to those who have been working @UPS 5years plus. I'm 38 and now new hires start with 5$ less the my current pay rate...and there's people saying we don't deserve 25per hr smh...When I started @ 8.50 a 18 year vet was making $17.50-22.00 and now one guy at my hub is @ 36 years part-time makes 34.00 per hour...

I posted facts about the percentage of people that die from car accidents 85% compared to Tractor (Truck) Accidents... 15% difference... so driving to work and back home avg a 1hour drive.. while truck drivers drive 10hour shift my/our drive is 10% of their Daily/Nightly shift...(10% of 10hours=1hr) so 10% of 100,000$ is 10,000$.
also there are risk and major injuries falling from 20 foot ladders slides and conveyor belt. Boxes10-60 pounds fall from height 20feet/higher and strike or injury alot of people...

HoseaW

Ok, I think I understand. He thinks pay should be proportional to risk of bodily injury. He's also upset that new guys start out way higher than when he started. I think he thinks the government should pay us to drive our own personal cars on our own time because that comes with risk too (maybe I misunderstood).

My two cents: if you look at the actual numbers for risk of bodily injury, comparisons between industries, and adjust for local market conditions, UPS is probably ok, just my guess though.

As for new guys making more than when you started, all I can say is you should have held out for more? The reason they have to pay so much is because young folk place a higher value on their personal time than us old fogies, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Finally, the government wants you to stop driving, they aren't going to pay you to drive.
Posted a slight update above on how this all started

HoseaW

On that note Social Security Sould be the same amount since yourall are old doing the same thing. And experience to efficiently get the job done is where pay raises come from. After vested years putting in work builds America and other nations. Let a new hire cut your lawn instead of TruGreen of Professional Lawn Care... matter fact let XPO & FedEx handle Tarriff Government Contracts oh wait they can't because (100+yearsUPS) HAS THAT ON LOCK.