Pay for thanksgiving

Northshoredriver

I am a temp. Was wondering if i will get paid my drivers rate for thursday? Or will i get paid my inside rate. I have been driving for over a year now. Can someone please answer this?

Indecisi0n

I want to bump with you. Also do casuals get time and a half for friday? I hear we all have to work that day. I don't mean to steal your thread north but we can share right?

UPSGUY72

Friday is a time and half day for everyone.

Seniority rules first than they force up from the bottom. They should have a list up for people to sign if they want to work on Friday. With that being said they should only being forceing FT and or FT cover drivers to work not Temps/ Casuals.

Remember Friday is an Air only delivery day.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I will be done with my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving, so malls are just for people watching and entertainment for us.

UPSGUY72

I don't go shopping the day after thanksgiving it's a waste of time and not worth the time and aggravation. There is still 28 days after that for my wife finish any of the shopping that needs to be done.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Seniority rules first than they force up from the bottom. They should have a list up for people to sign if they want to work on Friday. With that being said they should only being forceing FT and or FT cover drivers to work not Temps/ Casuals.

Friday is straight time here. They are forcing from the bottom up. One of the FT guys said he asked to work and was told they wanted to use the casuals and lower seniority guys. He is going to press the issue as we have always been able to work in the past. I normally work that day but am on vacation that week. It is such easy money.

Indecisi0n

I didn't sign the list but i was told i am working anyway.

UPSGUY72

Friday is straight time here. They are forcing from the bottom up. One of the FT guys said he asked to work and was told they wanted to use the casuals and lower seniority guys. He is going to press the issue as we have always been able to work in the past. I normally work that day but am on vacation that week. It is such easy money.

What is going on here is that the center manager is trying to keep his spending down by having the the drivers not at full rate drive at time and half. Seniority rules I would say something to the center manager or SUP in front of a Steward if nothing is done I would file a grievance it is an automatic win at time and half.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What is going on here is that the center manager is trying to keep his spending down by having the the drivers not at full rate drive at time and half. Seniority rules I would say something to the center manager or SUP in front of a Steward if nothing is done I would file a grievance it is an automatic win at time and half.

We don't get time and a half working Black Friday in my center.

DorkHead

Here in West New York it is only straight time unless you have worked over 40 hrs. total for Mon, Tues, Wed.
Thurs. and Fri. paid holiday.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We get double time here if we work the Friday after Thanksgiving. We get paid eight hours for the holiday already, so its kind of like getting paid triple time. Its good money and its tempting, but its got to where I would rather stay home and enjoy the four days off. Twenty working days until Christmas after that.

robot

Has A Large Member
I haven't had to work black Friday in 8 years. I love it! Hell, I probably wouldn't be able to if I wanted to. They only use 15-20 of us out of 180 in my feeder dept. All the top hands sign up to work that day and crank out 13-14 hours. Big bucks!