Pay guarantee vs actual pay

KoennenTiger

What’s a partial dispatch?

Sometimes here mngmt will know they are only able to dispatch a driver out with a 7 hour day. Sometimes less. If so they will offer to let you have it and you have to code 05 or they will tell you that you can code 06 but they will make sure to find you extra work.

There's a route in my loop where they used to tell that to the regular guy. After he was informed of the minimum hours a year requirement to get his pension credit he just started telling them he was coding 06 every single day. Now he drives down from his resi area and has a bunch of pickups. The route didn't have any pu before.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sometimes here mngmt will know they are only able to dispatch a driver out with a 7 hour day. Sometimes less. If so they will offer to let you have it and you have to code 05 or they will tell you that you can code 06 but they will make sure to find you extra work.

There's a route in my loop where they used to tell that to the regular guy. After he was informed of the minimum hours a year requirement to get his pension credit he just started telling them he was coding 06 every single day. Now he drives down from his resi area and has a bunch of pickups. The route didn't have any pu before.
Gotta be sure you work enough to get UPS to pay the pension credits. Here, if full time employee works less than five hours, no money gets contributed to our pension.

KoennenTiger

Gotta be sure you work enough to get UPS to pay the pension credits. Here, if full time employee works less than five hours, no money gets contributed to our pension.

Here it's some number of hours per year. This new young guy was running on an all resi route and finishing at like 2 every day for only actual hours. He did the math and realized he wasn't going to be getting the pension credit.

It seems silly to me. You finally get to full drive take advantage of the code 06. Let management find some guy you can drive for half an hour to go help.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Here it's some number of hours per year. This new young guy was running on an all resi route and finishing at like 2 every day for only actual hours. He did the math and realized he wasn't going to be getting the pension credit.

It seems silly to me. You finally get to full drive take advantage of the code 06. Let management find some guy you can drive for half an hour to go help.
The pension credit is something different. I’m saying my local doesn’t receive money from UPS if the employee works under five hours in a day. That screws the entire local.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I’ve been having to check my time card online any time I come in under 8 hours. Someone routinely changes my paycode to 05 hoping I won’t notice. All I have to do is bring it up to management and it’s fixed, but I find the practice to be extremely shady. They’re taking advantage of any drivers that don’t keep track or are afraid to speak up. It’s no different than if they’d reached into their pockets and stole the cash. They shouldn’t be allowed to alter time cards without any repercussions.
True that
You are right, they do go after people that will not defend themselves
They also know who watches everything
Keep track of every minute worked always

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I’ve been having to check my time card online any time I come in under 8 hours. Someone routinely changes my paycode to 05 hoping I won’t notice. All I have to do is bring it up to management and it’s fixed, but I find the practice to be extremely shady. They’re taking advantage of any drivers that don’t keep track or are afraid to speak up. It’s no different than if they’d reached into their pockets and stole the cash. They shouldn’t be allowed to alter time cards without any repercussions.
Nice last name btw

UPSEric1

True that
You are right, they do go after people that will not defend themselves
They also know who watches everything
Keep track of every minute worked always
You can also file a grievance for overtime , I believe in our Local 804 Article 3 Section 5. If you are a route driver finish before your 8, and they give u another assignment, you can get overtime before your 8.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not totally accurate. Code 05 eliminates any bonus if said driver worked over 8 and was in a bonus center and they actually happened to make some bonus.
That’s not true here, I’ve gotten bonus on 05 before when I had to take a partial lunch to get to an important event. I worked over 8, so I wasn’t shorting myself anything, it happen to plan higher than 8, and I received prod bonus for the difference. The only reason I put 05 was to not have them misunderstand I took a short lunch and not screw with my time card. The only time I’ve seen people not get the bonus is if they planned to below 8 and the bonus didn’t exceed the guarantee.

For example, if they worked 6hrs, plan was 7.5, bonus was 1.5, they O5, they get paid 6hrs. If they planned to 8.5, they would actually only be paid .5 hours bonus, screwing themselves even more as 06 would have gotten them their additional 2hrs of pay and still scratched.

Here’s the example of where a co worker worked just shy of 8 one day, at 7.34, he planned that day to 10.30, ran his ass off. He didn’t get paid the difference, but got paid 2.30hrs above the 8 by 05ing it. The reason I know the details is this person asked me about it as to my aforementioned knowledge first hand.
AFE45E8B-E17B-45A7-8E99-107F2417ADDD.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s not true here, I’ve gotten bonus on 05 before when I had to take a partial lunch to get to an important event. I worked over 8, so I wasn’t shorting myself anything, it happen to plan higher than 8, and I received prod bonus for the difference. The only reason I put 05 was to not have them misunderstand I took a short lunch and not screw with my time card. The only time I’ve seen people not get the bonus is if they planned to below 8 and the bonus didn’t exceed the guarantee.

For example, if they worked 6hrs, plan was 7.5, bonus was 1.5, they O5, they get paid 6hrs. If they planned to 8.5, they would actually only be paid .5 hours bonus, screwing themselves even more as 06 would have gotten them their additional 2hrs of pay and still scratched.

Here’s the example of where a co worker worked just shy of 8 one day, at 7.34, he planned that day to 10.30, ran his ass off. He didn’t get paid the .66, bit got paid 2.30hrs above the 8 by 05ing it. The reason I know the details is this person asked me about it as to my aforementioned knowledge first hand.
View attachment 277307
Runner

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Day 30 is your seniority date and the anniversary they will use for your progression wages.

This may be a supplemental or local issue, but in my area, assuming you achieve seniority, your seniority date is the first day you worked in your classification. My seniority date is the first day I went to driver training (squeaked in before they started doing integrad).

JustDeliverIt

This may be a supplemental or local issue, but in my area, assuming you achieve seniority, your seniority date is the first day you worked in your classification. My seniority date is the first day I went to driver training (squeaked in before they started doing integrad).

Ok, might be then. Tough to keep track of things everywhere else, just know how it is here.