Pay progession

Rack em

Made the Podium
Can anyone explain the pay progression to me please. I started off at 18.75. Now I'm at 19.50 my second year. What's next?
EDIT: 3rd year...$25.00 under this contract. If the new contract gets forced through as is then the 3 year mark would be $28.75. Then top rate.

Last edited:

Tony Q

Can anyone explain the pay progression to me please. I started off at 18.75. Now I'm at 19.50 my second year. What's next?

Seniority

Twelve (12) months

Twenty-four (24) months Thirty-six (36) months Forty-eight (48) months

$18.75 $21.00$18.75$19.50 $23.00$21.00 $24.00$25.00 $28.75Top Rate
Here is the new breakdown.

Safebychoice

How does one work for so long and not get a copy of their contract?
I work with clowns like this. A lot of these guys are off the street and still trying to catch up to speed on what it’s like to be a union employee. It’s amazing how little some of these “young gunz” know about the contract.

ManInBrown

How does one work for so long and not get a copy of their contract?
How does one work in a building with a shop steward, many many other drivers, and feels the need to come to an online forum to pose this question? I’m sorry, but I just don’t get it.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
When I started at UPS I was never given any information by HR, or the Union, regarding anything to do with the contract. I had to go and ask the Union rep for my contract.

This is why many employees and drivers do not know. Usually your job gives you everything upfront, pay, pay scale, benefits....everything. UPS? Nah.

Your UPS contract is available online via teamsters and it’s also available on request via your Union guy. Usually found with a Union bomber jacket on with more patches and medals than a combat veteran.

BrownThunder

Glad they decided to bump 1st year driver pay a little. It was tough getting slammed off the top ropes for half what the top scale boys were making.