Pay Rates for Part-Time Employees Going On-Car as Helpers

toombi

Hello. I don't know why it is so difficult to find this information as I've skimmed the contract many many times. Can someone please direct me to where information is located regarding the pay rates and when exactly overtime begins for part-time preloaders taking additional work to help deliver both during & not during peak with either TAW drivers or driver supervisors respectively.

I've been going on-car in every one of these four (4) scenarios and I'd like to know what I should be seeing on my pay stub. Other employees at my facility are telling me I should receive OT beginning at 5 hours even though I've gone on-car with a TAW driver, but my pay stub says I get OT after 8 hours. Should I be getting overtime after 5 hours or after 8 hours in this scenario? Should I be seeing top driver rate? And where does one find this information in the contract?

JustDeliverIt

I have a feeling it’s different language in every supplement, your best bet is to ask a BA. Here you would not be eligible for OT until after 8 hours because you are technically splitting shifts, even if you are doing one right after the other.

They are 2 different “shifts” so as soon as that happens it’s 8. If you just worked preload for 8 hours then you would get OT after 5.5 hours here.

Hello. I don't know why it is so difficult to find this information as I've skimmed the contract many many times. Can someone please direct me to where information is located regarding the pay rates and when exactly overtime begins for part-time preloaders taking additional work to help deliver both during & not during peak with either TAW drivers or driver supervisors respectively.

I've been going on-car in every one of these four (4) scenarios and I'd like to know what I should be seeing on my pay stub. Other employees at my facility are telling me I should receive OT beginning at 5 hours even though I've gone on-car with a TAW driver, but my pay stub says I get OT after 8 hours. Should I be getting overtime after 5 hours or after 8 hours in this scenario? Should I be seeing top driver rate? And where does one find this information in the contract?
Did this for years and since I am an air exception driver I was paid top driver rate with OT after 8 in whatever job classification I was working after 8 hours.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

After 8 on road here bubba , preload hours separate. Decline the extra work , stop helping management
🧔‍♂️✊

Tanktoptony

Your overtime starts after you hit 8 hours, all the time you worked on preload counts towards this,
November 15-January 15th the pay rate to be a helper with a driver fluctuates but is usually around $15hr. If you are a helper with an OnRoad or any person in management you get paid top scale for all hours worked including the hours you worked on preload. From January 15- November 15th it doesn’t matter if you are a helper with a driver or a supervisor you get paid top rate for all hours worked and overtime after 8hrs.