Payday

whome

when they hired me they said i had two choices 1. direct deposit or 2. sign up for visa card. i forgot my bank account # so i opted for this card..I got a visa card a few days ago,thinking that sometime today money would be posted to it from ups,but instead my pt sup handed me a paper check today....im confused!

brownIEman

Look at the check closely. If it has a lightly printed VOID on it, it is not a live check, just a statement, a receipt. Your money is likely on the card. If not, then it is a live check, and likely there is a week or two period before the card account is set up for the funds to be deposited. It usually takes one or two pay periods to get direct deposit started, so I would guess it would be similar with the card.

laffter

If you signed up for direct deposit, for example, it takes a week or so for that to go into effect, so the first check you would have gotten would be a paper check. I'm not sure how the Visa card works, but it may just be a check "stub" - a paper record of your hours worked and pay.

Kis124

If you signed up for direct deposit, for example, it takes a week or so for that to go into effect, so the first check you would have gotten would be a paper check. I'm not sure how the Visa card works, but it may just be a check "stub" - a paper record of your hours worked and pay.

in the other 2 posts about this I told you it takes a couple pay periods to kick in...go online where you activated your card and have them send you a text for when it gets loaded. that way you will know

bluehdmc

I've never been offered that option by my Center team. I do direct deposit though.

You can go paperless direct deposit through the payroll link on upser.com, under the option to edit your direct deposit account just opt not to have your payroll advice sent to your home address. (yeah I know they don't mail it, but....).

Anytime I've had a problem with my check like short hours I've just printed the pay advice off UPSers and given it to my supervisor.

The OP should be able to sign up for direct deposit that way also.

I had my first paycheck direct deposited. The only "live" check I've gotten from UPS was when my hours weren't sent in, that one was next day aired to my house.

L

Loufan

I'm glad i wasn't offered those 2 choices. I am one of the few people that actually likes getting a check and going to the bank. Weird right?

DorkHead

...and, to be blunt, a complete waste of time and resources...

Maybe for YOU, it is a complete waste of time and resources. If you read Loufan`s post, it said "I am one of the few people that actually likes getting a check and going to the bank."
Sometimes I wish you would THINK just a little bit before you start typing!!