Payday

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe for YOU, it is a complete waste of time and resources. If you read Loufan`s post, it said "I am one of the few people that actually likes getting a check and going to the bank."
Sometimes I wish you would THINK just a little bit before you start typing!!

I read it, processed it and then responded.

We have a driver who does the same and have had this same discussion with him. He comes in a bit early on Thursday to pick up his check. Our center is about 10 minutes from the commercial artery so by the time he gets his check deposited and is back to work we are talking 30 minutes. It takes me one minute to go to upsers, access my check, open up Quicken and enter my deposit. I am paperless so that is one less piece of paper that goes in the trash (we don't have recycling at my center---yet) When you deposit a paper check at most banks only the first $100 is available on the first day----when you direct deposit your whole check is available right away.

The ironic part is this driver came in early Thursday only to find out the checks wouldn't be in until Friday. I didn't get paid this week :-)sad-little:) but if I had it would have been on upsers Thursday morning.

Loufan can do whatever he wants but I prefer to work smarter, not harder.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No. It keeps people employed. It is nice to see that someone still goes to the bank, besides me.

If banks did not prefer direct deposit they wouldn't give incentives to new customers to do so.

The last time I actually went inside a bank was when I opened up my savings account last year.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I read it, processed it and then responded.

We have a driver who does the same and have had this same discussion with him. He comes in a bit early on Thursday to pick up his check. Our center is about 10 minutes from the commercial artery so by the time he gets his check deposited and is back to work we are talking 30 minutes. It takes me one minute to go to upsers, access my check, open up Quicken and enter my deposit. I am paperless so that is one less piece of paper that goes in the trash (we don't have recycling at my center---yet) When you deposit a paper check at most banks only the first $100 is available on the first day----when you direct deposit your whole check is available right away.

The ironic part is this driver came in early Thursday only to find out the checks wouldn't be in until Friday. I didn't get paid this week :-)sad-little:) but if I had it would have been on upsers Thursday morning.

Loufan can do whatever he wants but I prefer to work smarter, not harder.
Not at NFCU.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Hence the disclaimer "most banks".

I like the word "hence".
That's my line.

I saw your disclaimer. I was merely being helpful and naming an institution that doesn't put a hold on your money, like Community Bank does. I think you might need to forward me your posting rules. Oh yeah, that's right. This is a public forum. It isn't yours to lord over.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are u sure it's a check? The guys that have direct deposit still get a paper copy but it's a void check.

Did you know that you can go paperless direct deposit?

I still get a paper check. I love going to the bank every Friday. They know me by my first name as soon as I walk in. This is a small bank they know me on a personal level and I'm not just a number. More people should bank this way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's my line.

I saw your disclaimer. I was merely being helpful and naming an institution that doesn't put a hold on your money, like Community Bank does. I think you might need to forward me your posting rules. Oh yeah, that's right. This is a public forum. It isn't yours to lord over.

So you think Loufan is going to run out and join NFCU?

Community Bank is my bank, albeit by default. I was with Citizens which became Charter which became Community.

Don't these banks realize that we are people, not just account numbers, and all of these acquisitions and mergers are a pain in the ass?

menotyou

bella amicizia
So you think Loufan is going to run out and join NFCU?

Community Bank is my bank, albeit by default. I was with Citizens which became Charter which became Community.

Don't these banks realize that we are people, not just account numbers, and all of these acquisitions and mergers are a pain in the ass?
No, I don't think Loufan is going to be joining NFCU. It was just an example. I ended up joining them because I took a co-worker there to open an account. I started looking around and reading, and liked what they offer. If Loufan in anywhere near one, it is worth checking out. They offer 3% on checking accounts, if you qualify.

I was with HSBC, who sold to Community. You are spot on with that comment. Amen.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I still get a paper check. I love going to the bank every Friday. They know me by my first name as soon as I walk in. This is a small bank they know me on a personal level and I'm not just a number. More people should bank this way.

I respectfully disagree. I do 99% of my banking and bill paying online. My bank has a branch and ATM inside Walmart so I use that while making my deliveries.

I shop at Hannaford's on Saturdays. Most of the time I see this little old lady and her husband at the customer service booth. She has 8-10 piles of money paperclipped which she uses to buy money orders to pay her bills. The clerk processes each transaction and actually fills out each money order, which usually takes 10-15 minutes. By this time a line has formed. How is this efficient?

They may not know me by name but I have built a relationship with my bank and would have no problem getting a loan or conducting other business if the need ever came up.

UPSGUY72

Are u sure it's a check? The guys that have direct deposit still get a paper copy but it's a void check.

Not me I opted for no paper check less things I have throw away. I go on line Thursday check we pay check if there is a problem I print it out and bring to my SUP Friday morning....

menotyou

bella amicizia
I get a kick out of going to the bank. Community took over HSBC, but the girls are the same. I know which branch has the nice ones and which one has the ______________. I will go out of my way to go to the Adams branch, or the Washington St branch. They treat me very well. I don't use the atm, either. I like interacting with a human.

UPSGUY72

Your just a number anyway you put it.

Direct deposit was set up by the banking institutions to save them money by cashing a check each week your cost the bank money.

It has been years since I stepped into a bank or CU. I do banking two banks (one CU and one regular bank). I have no problem getting any type of loan from any of the banks and it not because they know me personally it's because they can print out and know my credit history and transactions history with them.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Your just a number anyway you put it.

Direct deposit was set up by the banking institutions to save them money by cashing a check each week your cost the bank money.

It has been years since I stepped into a bank or CU. I do banking two banks (one CU and one regular bank). I have no problem getting any type of loan from any of the banks and it not because they know me personally it's because they can print out and know my credit history and transactions history with them.
You are making a point of showing them you aren't a number when you insist on them employing humans to interact with.

menotyou

bella amicizia
...and then they whisper to one another "Why didn't the _______ just use the ATM?"
I had a woman clerk try and convince me to use the self checkout at Wegmans one day. I told her that I was doing her a favor. She looked very confused. A WWII vet,(his hat said so/he looked the part, as well) who was walking behind me, explained that I was saving her job. He got it and so do I. It's the same principle.