Payday

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a woman clerk try and convince me to use the self checkout at Wegmans one day. I told her that I was doing her a favor. She looked very confused. A WWII vet,(his hat said so/he looked the part, as well) who was walking behind me, explained that I was saving her job. He got it and so do I. It's the same principle.

Principles are nice but convenience is so much nicer. I use the self-checkout whenever possible.

DorkHead

I read it, processed it and then responded.

We have a driver who does the same and have had this same discussion with him. He comes in a bit early on Thursday to pick up his check. Our center is about 10 minutes from the commercial artery so by the time he gets his check deposited and is back to work we are talking 30 minutes. It takes me one minute to go to upsers, access my check, open up Quicken and enter my deposit. I am paperless so that is one less piece of paper that goes in the trash (we don't have recycling at my center---yet) When you deposit a paper check at most banks only the first $100 is available on the first day----when you direct deposit your whole check is available right away.

The ironic part is this driver came in early Thursday only to find out the checks wouldn't be in until Friday. I didn't get paid this week :-)sad-little:) but if I had it would have been on upsers Thursday morning.

Loufan can do whatever he wants but I prefer to work smarter, not harder.

Once again, you are missing the point. Loufan LIKES going to the bank with a paper check. Your reply to him about a waste of time and resources is implying that he is wasting his time which he isn`t because he likes doing that. So with a little more thought, perhaps if you started your original response to him with "For me" or something along those lines, your response would not come off like he`s wrong and your right.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Everyone else P.M's about you!!!

Oh, no....what shall I do???

I guess I could post what I think everyone else wants to hear or I could post sexual innuendo in an effort to be liked but not taken seriously or I could post pictures of kittens or pictures with stupid captions or pictures I Google off the internet or I could plagiarize recipes and quotes and pass them off as my own or...

....I could continue to post my own thoughts and express my own views based upon my life experiences and not give a damn what anyone thinks about me...

I think I'll go with Option 2 (Income Property--I love this show).

over9five

Staff member

I guess I could post what I think everyone else wants to hear or I could post sexual innuendo in an effort to be liked but not taken seriously or I could post pictures of kittens or pictures with stupid captions or pictures I Google off the internet or I could plagiarize recipes and quotes and pass them off as my own or...

....or you could post pictures of your butt-ugly hose reel.

Oh, wait....

bluehdmc

So you think Loufan is going to run out and join NFCU?

Community Bank is my bank, albeit by default. I was with Citizens which became Charter which became Community.

Don't these banks realize that we are people, not just account numbers, and all of these acquisitions and mergers are a pain in the ass?

Actually to the banks people coming in making small deposits, (in their opinion) are the pains. I have a friend that works in banking. At one point the bank she worked for charged a fee for making a deposit with a teller, if you used the ATM machine outside the door there was no charge.

They stopped that after a few mergers but a check deposited with a teller has the $100 available/hold other funds deal, but an ATM deposit can get $300 back. Now they have the 'take a picture with cell phone' deposit setup. It goes on and on, what they want you to do is pay fees for visa debit cards, credit cards, etc and accidently overdraw your acct with you debit card so they can whack you with a fee.

Also like most large employers they are doing more with less people, increasing workloads with no increase in pay, slashing benefits, etc.

menotyou

bella amicizia

....I could continue to post my own thoughts and express my own views based upon my life experiences and not give a damn what anyone thinks about me...

I think I'll go with Option 2 (Income Property--I love this show).

You forgot irrelevant you tube videos.

I have a work-related picture that I really want to post but an unsure if it would be wise to do so.

...which tells you how little I think of that member...
Oh, so More and I are worthy of your attention? Oh me, Oh my!!!!! The joy of it!!!! Now, I'm going to DisneyWorld!
"I'm Going to Disney World" - first ad, 1987 - YouTube

bluehdmc

Principles are nice but convenience is so much nicer. I use the self-checkout whenever possible.

Do they give you a discount on your groceries for saving them paying a cashier?

I'm gonna guess no. If there was some incentive to doing self checkout I might be tempted, at one point the A&P only had self checkout at a certain hour at nite. I really couldn't stand the thing talking, "spaghetti 49 cents".

Funny if you bring your own bag they'll give you $.02 per bag, but not 1% off your bill for checking yourself out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just for kicks I will select Spanish as my language of choice.

In a way my using them is supporting the local economy as self-serve checkouts are built locally.

The incentive is skipping the long lines. I don't use them when I buy beer.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've used both. It never fails....if I use the self check, it says to wait and an assistant has been notified. All the time the machine is talking, I say "shut-up, bitch, don't tell me what to do". There's some great satisfation!!

Also, if you have some special mark-down item, a checker has to ring up the new price....for example, a hoagie sandwich from yesterday is marked with a red marker, 50% off.

Now about the only time I use self check is when I have $100 bill. I go so early, they always have to go get the change. The machine always seems to have it already.