Paying for packages

quad decade guy

In all honesty has anyone ever had to pay for a customers package. Like a payroll deduction.
No. But, I've known plenty....just to keep their jobs. A cut and dried case. The driver without doubt did not follow procedure. Is it fair to the driver? My take is if he wants to keep his job. The flip side is by not paying, it could cost you literally millions. Probably not a tough choice. There is no good/clear answer here. For me.

WTFm8

Depends. Check your state laws.

Just because it’s in the contract doesn’t mean it’s legal.

Easiest comparison is when restaurant staff break something and the boss/owner threatens to garnish wages or tips to pay back for the items.

That’s what insurance is for.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Easiest comparison is when restaurant staff break something and the boss/owner threatens to garnish wages or tips to pay back for the items.

Funny you say that.

ARTICLE 10. LOSS AND DAMAGE

Section 1.

"No employee shall make any reimbursement or have monies deducted from his/her pay for loss or damage to parcels except as provided in this Section."

File a grievance.

quad decade guy

Ok. So, that or be fired? In the end, you didn't follow procedure, methods whatever. Having the chance to keep your job? Interesting question for sure. What is your pride worth?

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
In Massachusetts the employer can’t deduct for losses even if the employee agrees to it. it used to be triple damages here but now it’s unlimited damages if the courts decide the violation is serious enough...

KOG72

I’m full of it
I have known people that have had to pay for COD’s because they took a regular check instead of a money order.Of course the checks were bad.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have known people that have had to pay for COD’s because they took a regular check instead of a money order.Of course the checks were bad.
I have had them try to get me to pay when accounting lost checks. I told them to eff off. My turn in showed I turned in checks but their records were screwed up and they kept trying to track a different package.