Paying for packages

KOG72

I’m full of it
I have had them try to get me to pay when accounting lost checks. I told them to eff off. My turn in showed I turned in checks but their records were screwed up and they kept trying to track a different package.
I had one time where I delivered a pkg when I first started driving that they said was a cod,so I go back to the customer they pulled there records and they had already paid for it.They gave me a copy of there paperwork and all was. good.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Well....

"The employee shall not be held liable for restitution or disciplined if he/she accepts an irregular check if a reasonable person would have accepted the check."
This applies for my first comment if this is true I bet the people I know who had money deducted from there paychecks knew this at the time.

oldngray

nowhere special
This applies for my first comment if this is true I bet the people I know who had money deducted from there paychecks knew this at the time.
One time UPS tried to deduct money from my check without telling me. Luckily I caught it. The package was a center write off that the preload damaged and never even left the building.

Est.1998

I have known people that have had to pay for COD’s because they took a regular check instead of a money order.Of course the checks were bad.
I still don't understand why everything isn't paid for prior to delivery but businesses on my route use regular checks all the time.
I won't accept regular checks from resis though.