Paying for packages

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
In my center we had a driver DR a high value signature required which vanished so they made him go on a payment plan to repay it. When I was a brand new cover driver I left a few box of books at the front door of a house (not out of the weather) and it rained that night/the guy didn't use that door so didn't know it was there. They tried to get me to pay for the claim they paid out. I started using DR bags when rain is likely after that and looking around for porches, etc.

Sixth Punch Sense

Like a drug deal.
Hair stores always rcv the majority of CODs. They also get the most deliveries everyday. Might be drugs in them boxes.
Only time I've had a COD was a hair extension salon in the :censored2:tiest part of town. 10 oversized boxes, double parked on a busy street unloaded them all and started to bring into the salon and was asked if I could wait 15 minutes for a check. Said no and said I would have to come back tomorrow. Thankfully I was on a different route the next day

Est.1998

Only time I've had a COD was a hair extension salon in the *tiest part of town. 10 oversized boxes, double parked on a busy street unloaded them all and started to bring into the salon and was asked if I could wait 15 minutes for a check. Said no and said I would have to come back tomorrow. Thankfully I was on a different route the next day
Lol how did you clock out without the money?

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember having to pay something like 60 bucks for a cash only COD I took a check for in my rookie years. They told me if the check bounced it was coming out of my paycheck. It did. They just flat out deducted it from my paycheck. It's not like I had any choice in the matter. You guys don't seem to handle many COD's now. It was common on my route to have 15 or 20 a day. I had 2 gun shops who between them would have a dozen or so.

oldngray

nowhere special
I remember having to pay something like 60 bucks for a cash only COD I took a check for in my rookie years. They told me if the check bounced it was coming out of my paycheck. It did. They just flat out deducted it from my paycheck. It's not like I had any choice in the matter. You guys don't seem to handle many COD's now. It was common on my route to have 15 or 20 a day. I had 2 gun shops who between them would have a dozen or so.
Counting the cash at the end of the day was a real pain. And if you were short it came out of your own pocket.

oldngray

nowhere special
For a while there was a guy in the neighborhood passing some funny money and I ended up with some in my turn in. Didn't cost me anything but I got to have a nice little talk with some Feds. They were even nice enough to leave me their card.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Counting the cash at the end of the day was a real pain. And if you were short it came out of your own pocket.
Those main street type routes with hair salons, record shops, and clothing stores would have you walking around with $1000's in cash some days.

sox

I was at a mom and pop business that I had been delivering to for 15 years.the husband showed me a check that they had received from UPS that I had collected a couple of weeks before from them to a vendor for $5,000. They had received it in the usps mail from UPS with no explanation. I told them to hold on to it they might have a freebie. Sure enough a couple of weeks later I got called in for a check I had “failed to collect”. Tightest ship in the shipping business.