Payroll Deduction labeled "DRIVE"

peacock

Anyone know what this payroll deduction is for? I show the following deductions on my paychecks: 401K, United Way'13, UnionDue and Drive. The first three make sense, but what is Drive? It started in April.

over9five

Staff member
"Democrat Republican Independant Voter Education"
It is the Teamsters favorite charity for Liberal politicians.
Maybe you signed some card without reading it?

pretender

Anyone know what this payroll deduction is for? I show the following deductions on my paychecks: 401K, United Way'13, UnionDue and Drive. The first three make sense, but what is Drive? It started in April.

Democrat Independent Voter Education.

UPSGUY72

I heard it takes an act of GOD to get rid of it.

Not really take a copy of your pay stub circle the Drive deduction and give to your HR person and tell them to stop it. It a voluntary deduction that you had to sign a card in the first place to start it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You have to go down to your Local to withdraw from it. You will get the third degree over wanting out of it too. The lady told me that I was "A greedy UPS driver for not wanting to donate money to the DNC." Her exact words.

You have to go down to your Local to withdraw from it. You will get the third degree over wanting out of it too. The lady told me that I was "A greedy UPS driver for not wanting to donate money to the DNC." Her exact words.
I went to my local about 5 years ago and said I had enough of this D.I.V.E crap!!Yes I knows its DRIVE but it should be called DIVE!!....Give me the form and about 20 more for the rest of my co-workers. We all opted out.!!!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Re: Payroll Deduction labeled "DRIVE"

If you give 5 bucks a week you get a sweet satin jacket with your local on it.

I got what we called a "$52 Hat" when I joined, a dollar a week got you a black ball cap with "DRIVE" embroidered across the front.

That was the only time I donated anything to any type of political organization. They are all scum as far as I am concerned, I will never give another penny to any politician.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Now that I'm retired, they need to get it from someone else. Might as well be you.:happy-very:

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
D.R.I.V.E is the Teamsters Political Action Committee, and the only your voluntary contributions go toward political activities not your dues (wait, that's not what Hannity told me!). Read up on Teamster history and you will see that they supported candidates from all different parties, including Republicans. Same as the NRA giving money to Democrats Begich, Heitcamp, Baucus, & Pryor for voting NO on the latest incarnation of an assault weapons ban (Reid did too but only for procedural reasons). The criteria is support for Labor & that's you.

If you don't want to give, that's fine, but you should be asking the candidates you give money to why they aren't helping you by supporting labor isssues. Support for the working man is at it's lowest level ever in this Country since we outlawed slavery so I would encourage everyone to give something to DRIVE because we need our voice to be heard. Sure, it happens to flow to mostly Democrats now but they usually only pay lipservice to Labor because more comes from other special interest groups. If we were the fat cow giving lots of milk any Party wanting some of that cash would be putting our issues on the front burner.

A

anonymous6

I heard it takes an act of GOD to get rid of it.

you ain't kidding. it took me months. phone calls etc. etc. I gave for about 5 years until they started ignoring my questions thru letters. but they stopped ignoring me when I wanted to quit contributing. then they spent all their time trying to change my mind.

typical political org. that likes to spend your money. "just give and shut up" is their motto.

A

anonymous6

D.R.I.V.E is the Teamsters Political Action Committee, and the only your voluntary contributions go toward political activities not your dues (wait, that's not what Hannity told me!). Read up on Teamster history and you will see that they supported candidates from all different parties, including Republicans. Same as the NRA giving money to Democrats Begich, Heitcamp, Baucus, & Pryor for voting NO on the latest incarnation of an assault weapons ban (Reid did too but only for procedural reasons). The criteria is support for Labor & that's you.

If you don't want to give, that's fine, but you should be asking the candidates you give money to why they aren't helping you by supporting labor isssues. Support for the working man is at it's lowest level ever in this Country since we outlawed slavery so I would encourage everyone to give something to DRIVE because we need our voice to be heard. Sure, it happens to flow to mostly Democrats now but they usually only pay lipservice to Labor because more comes from other special interest groups. If we were the fat cow giving lots of milk any Party wanting some of that cash would be putting our issues on the front burner.

you would be better off speaking to your local representative to congress and asking them what their stand is towards labor. if you like it and check their voting record then sure write out a check to their campaign for $50-100. Give directly but not to DIVE. It's wasted money down a bottomless drain.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Perhaps we should start a fund to help supplement our retirees income.

Hey, Dave, I will always defend your right to your opinions. Shoot, sometimes I even agree with you!

But, take a second or two after you finish typing and before you hit reply to read what you wrote. I don't believe I asked for anything.

Overpaid Union Thug

I would have said....."The DNC already gets plenty of money from you guys so I think they'll be ok without mine."