ManInBrown

You need to have at least a third in the S&P imo
I’m 100% s&p. You literally cannot lose. Will it go down at times? Absolutely. Will there be years you get smoked? Yes. Will it go back up? Absolutely. The only way you lose everything is if there is a nuclear war and at that point who cares. You’re dead. I’ll pull it out and drop it in something stable 2 years before retirement.

At the end of the day it’s craps and giggles money. I know plenty of drivers that put zero in and never plan on putting anything in. You couldn’t be dumber. I vary year to year somewhere between 10%-14%. All Roth. We get a pension. SS. There’s no way I don’t have $500k-$600k when I retire. Everyone should be all s&p. Long term you cannot lose.

1-1-2023/1-1-2024 +20.84%

1-1-2024/current +5.01%

1-1-2022/1-1-2023 -15.11%

Last edited:
I’m 100% s&p. You literally cannot lose. Will it go down at times? Absolutely. Will there be years you get smoked? Yes. Will it go back up? Absolutely. The only way you lose everything is if there is a nuclear war and at that point who cares. You’re dead. I’ll pull it out and drop it in something stable 2 years before retirement.

At the end of the day it’s craps and giggles money. I know plenty of drivers that put zero in and never plan on putting anything in. You couldn’t be dumber. I vary year to year somewhere between 10%-14%. All Roth. We get a pension. SS. There’s no way I don’t have $500k-$600k when I retire. Everyone should be all s&p. Long term you cannot lose.

1-1-2024/current +5.01%

It's easier to do that while you're younger

ManInBrown

7% of your portfolio will be in Microsoft.
6% in Apple.
4.5% in Nvidia.
2.5% in Facebook.

That's 20% of your holdings in tech stocks that are in the middle of an AI mania bubble.

Just saying.
Doesn’t matter. And in two years where will be new kids on the block blowing up. It’s all a big game for the elites to make money. I’m just riding on their backs. So the s&p and some point retraces to 2000? Lololol. You really don’t believe that, do you? Again, long term, YOU CANNOT LOSE.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Doesn’t matter. And in two years where will be new kids on the block blowing up. It’s all a big game for the elites to make money. I’m just riding on their backs. So the s&p and some point retraces to 2000? Lololol. You really don’t believe that, do you? Again, long term, YOU CANNOT LOSE.
Anyone giving investing advice with the tagline that you cannot lose is either ignorant or selling snake oil.

I say this as someone who invests fairly heavily in index funds.

Over70irregs

1-1-2024/current +5.01%

SP goes up with $ printer and a few tech stocks.
1708914145538.png

ManInBrown

Again, I will repeat when you are playing the long long game with the market you cannot lose. It is a rigged system for the elites. I’m just a peasant along for the ride. Very much akin to a guy on a skateboard grabbing onto the back bumper of a car. Hang on, it might be bumpy. There’s one scenario where you lose, Putin presses the button. That’s it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Again, I will repeat when you are playing the long long game with the market you cannot lose. It is a rigged system for the elites. I’m just a peasant along for the ride. Very much akin to a guy on a skateboard grabbing onto the back bumper of a car. Hang on, it might be bumpy. There’s one scenario where you lose, Putin presses the button. That’s it.

Putin pressing a button is one of the reasons that I will never vote for Biden for the second term. These despots only respect strength and might make a stupid decision based on our current feeble presidency. Even if Biden gets re-elected you have Harris as an option..an liberal woman no matter her skin tone will not prevent these A Holes from starting WW III…

After the missiles start flying all this stupid WOKE business will not mean squat…

Over70irregs

Putin pressing a button is one of the reasons that I will never vote for Biden for the second term. These despots only respect strength and might make a stupid decision based on our current feeble presidency. Even if Biden gets re-elected you have Harris as an option..an liberal woman no matter her skin tone will not prevent these A Holes from starting WW III…

After the missiles start flying all this stupid WOKE business will not mean squat…
No WWIII they are too narcissistic for that. It’s a $ battle and nothing more. We do know higher powers are talking about your 401k tax advantages.