payroll

35years

Gravy route
I faced the same situation in the past.
This is how it worked out for me...
Payroll made the adjustment and shifted the income for the vacations into the following year.
So the year end total was correct for tax purposes.

You don't use your last paycheck to file taxes...My W2 reflected the correction.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I took 6 vacation in a row starting 1-14-2017, 1-21-2017, 1-28-2017, 2-4-2017,2-11-2017---UPS put these checks ending in year 2016. They were sent with my last check in December 2016 in which they pay you 2 weeks ahead of time. I didn't want those 6 vacation checks paid in 2016. It affects year to date pay, hours, federal taxes,401k and pension hours earned. UPS took 6 vacation checks and said they would void and reissue those checks but I don't know how they are going fix your end totals with my last check of the year in 2016.
At the end of the year, everything will balance out. Stop worrying about it.

grspancho

There are very few instances where your EOY stub will not match your W-2.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update -they fixed my checks on last week of January 2017. all pension hours were put on year 2017. The 275 hours will count in 2017 now. Earned income and Taxes were adjusted on w2. thanks for the help

grspancho

update -they fixed my checks on last week of January 2017. all pension hours were put on year 2017. The 275 hours will count in 2017 now. Earned income and Taxes were adjusted on w2. thanks for the help----------------------------------------------------------------------
I faced the same situation in the past.
This is how it worked out for me...
Payroll made the adjustment and shifted the income for the vacations into the following year.
So the year end total was correct for tax purposes.

You don't use your last paycheck to file taxes...My W2 reflected the correction.

grspancho

I had all my original vacation checks voided and new checks reissued on last week of January 2017. Back on track I think ! thanks again