PCM

rod

Retired 22 years
I have been laying low for a while. I went to work this morning and I decided not to participate in that foolishness. I was born in '58 and I turned 58 today, seemed like a good excuse to burn an Option Day and extend my weekend.

Get with the program---when I was 58 I had already been retired 5 years:-)

BUCN85

Giant waste of time. They should just print out a little sheet with the PCM topics where we get our boards, to read at our leisure. All the talking about no late air and they waste a good 10 mins talking about the same thing everyday. We could use that time to get a jump on traffic, or lessen the clog up of all the drivers getting out at once.
I think they do the PCM in our building because the preload is never wrapped up so they need to kill time. Then later in the day we get a msg saying to code in for approved meeting.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My current Center Manager always tells us to code in "Approved Meeting" under "Other Work" too. I don't understand how that works into the planned day, not that I really care. I had always thought that a PCM was counted as AM time. I can understand coding out Safety Committee work since the Center's monthly plan has so many hours for that.

Overpaid Union Thug

Here the PCMs are everyday. We are supposed to do stretches and someone in management films everyone and takes pictures during that time. That is followed by us being informed about any and all accidents that occurred in the district the day before. Occasionally there is a safety demonstration. Usually one of the Overtime....uh..."Safety" Committee suckasses is chosen to show everyone the proper way to lift a package or enter and exit a truck.

We'd be better off using those two minutes to finish loading our trucks.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had been retired 3. You tell em Rod, Scratch won't listen to me. I've been bugging him for awhile now
to get out.

We've had this conversation before. I think Scratch will unfortunately be buried in his brown truck. Personally I can't believe a person would want to work one more day than they had to at the Brown Grinder. I've never talked to a retiree who said they wished they would have worked longer. To each his own though.

We've had this conversation before. I think Scratch will unfortunately be buried in his brown truck. Personally I can't believe a person would want to work one more day than they had to at the Brown Grinder. I've never talked to a retiree who said they wished they would have worked longer. To each his own though.
Some people need to keep working I truly wish him well.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Amen brother
Couldn't have said it better myself

By The Book

My current Center Manager always tells us to code in "Approved Meeting" under "Other Work" too. I don't understand how that works into the planned day, not that I really care. I had always thought that a PCM was counted as AM time. I can understand coding out Safety Committee work since the Center's monthly plan has so many hours for that.
There's a certain amount of AM time that is planned for each route, then if it goes over they'll have you code out approved meeting because it's a blanket code that can cover all the lost AM time for the drivers that day. If they coded it as safety it would be an obvious error because all drivers didn't do safety that day.

oldupsman

Some people need to keep working I truly wish him well.

I have the utmost respect for Scratch. Easily one of top people on this board.

Have never second guessed myself once.

onewithedd

A daily waste of time but they pay me to stand there. 10 min am time 3 for them 7 for Pre-trip they babble for 8 and then bitch later when we go over on Our 10 minute am time. Like I care about telematics and that it's snowing or raining out (as if it just started after I walked through the door)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have an easy all DR route with no pickups, I simply enjoy working. I can quit anytime I want, money is not a problem to me. I have been keeping an eye out for something else to do that closer to home and that will keep me busy. I haven't found it. The stupid crap that goes on at work doesn't faze me one bit, its been that way since I can remember and it will never change. I have fun no matter what I do. Everybody needs to get the same attitude, life is easier.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I have an easy all DR route with no pickups, I simply enjoy working. I can quit anytime I want, money is not a problem to me. I have been keeping an eye out for something else to do that closer to home and that will keep me busy. I haven't found it. The stupid crap that goes on at work doesn't faze me one bit, its been that way since I can remember and it will never change. I have fun no matter what I do. Everybody needs to get the same attitude, life is easier.
We have a guy who has 41 yrs in, 36 safe driving, he works two days a week and has no intention of retiring.