PCM

Retiree

I have been laying low for a while. I went to work this morning and I decided not to participate in that foolishness. I was born in '58 and I turned 58 today, seemed like a good excuse to burn an Option Day and extend my weekend.
You and I were born on same day, same year. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have a guy who has 41 yrs in, 36 safe driving, he works two days a week and has no intention of retiring.
I'm currently fourth on the seniority list out of sixty plus drivers my Center puts on the road every day. Our top guy is 66 and he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to retire either. His argument is that by the time they take taxes and insurance out of a pension, you only get about a third of what you gross a month. He can draw a pension, collect Social Security, and yet he still works. His house is paid off, and even I can't understand why he is still at it. There comes a certain point when you can stay home and still make the same money as when you do go to work every day. At that point, I think somebody is crazy. I do volunteer work on the side, there is always something you can find to keep you busy.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I'm currently fourth on the seniority list out of sixty plus drivers my Center puts on the road every day. Our top guy is 66 and he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to retire either. His argument is that by the time they take taxes and insurance out of a pension, you only get about a third of what you gross a month. He can draw a pension, collect Social Security, and yet he still works. His house is paid off, and even I can't understand why he is still at it. There comes a certain point when you can stay home and still make the same money as when you do go to work every day. At that point, I think somebody is crazy. I do volunteer work on the side, there is always something you can find to keep you busy.
Unfortunately because I started this job at 40 and became full time at 42 I have to work until 67 to get 25 years in :censored3: