Peak 2015. The sky is falling.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Peak Mode or Methods?

I've heard from reliable sources that staffing will be 60% of last years. Whether you want to believe me is your choice, but I've got some really good ears on the track.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/peak-mode-or-methods.366612/page-2#ixzz3pGaHMhmt

I posted this on OCT 4th, 60% staffing of last years numbers while UPS maintains it's going to run basically the same. Like I said, believe me or not, it's not going to change what I've been told.
This is interesting. I've been hearing the same from the inside but ups keeps telling the media that they will virtually the same amount as last year.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It won't matter either way they are just going to send mashers of volume to the post office and let them do the work for us...you guys wait and see...afaiac this needs to be priority number 1 in our next contract

Brownslave688

It won't matter either way they are just going to send mashers of volume to the post office and let them do the work for us...you guys wait and see...afaiac this needs to be priority number 1 in our next contract
It's most certainly being abused. There needs to be direct language on what's allowed and how to police it n

onewithedd

View attachment 57875
How about one of these you haven't lived until you try and Knock 200 stops outta one of these baby's
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1445487942.155346.jpg

And best of all.... No telematics

rod

Retired 22 years
Radio heat. I've never complained about being put in a rental.

Worst part is no back up camera.

Apparently you have never had to deliver out in the country late at night in one of those things. Do it once. You will enjoy having farmer John turn every mean dog he has loose on you as he grabs his shotgun when he sees a strange U-Haul pull in his yard.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Peak is what it is, no sweat off my back. If you've been through a bunch of them, all it is, is more hours, more money, lil sleep deprived and less time to spend with family at holidays. Does it suck? Hell yeah but whatever dude, no need to be scared of it like some people are petrified of it lmfao.

Brownslave688

I thought that issue was addressed in the last contract?
Really?

There is no language that says what close proximity is. I'll bet we drive right by 90% of the urban surepost yet it goes to the post office.

Also it's all in bags now so we don't even get to see what's in those bags.

Brownslave688

Apparently you have never had to deliver out in the country late at night in one of those things. Do it once. You will enjoy having farmer John turn every mean dog he has loose on you as he grabs his shotgun when he sees a strange U-Haul pull in his yard.
Yeah I've refused to deliver after 7 pm before if I have one on a rural route.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's most certainly being abused. There needs to be direct language on what's allowed and how to police it n
I'm all for having a program like this but when I go to the post office it pisses me off thinking we are letting them deliver our stuff and them hiring folks(which has happen in my neck of the woods) while our guys are sitting at home this isn't right. It will be very interesting to see how this goes on the next contract. The union has already made a stink about this but we still aren't seeing one package proximity packages being diverted to us here. Some of the sure post packages are not even close to being a small package. Imo the union got steamrolled over all of this

Brownslave688

I'm all for having a program like this but when I go to the post office it pisses me off thinking we are letting them deliver our stuff and them hiring folks(which has happen in my neck of the woods) while our guys are sitting at home this isn't right. It will be very interesting to see how this goes on the next contract. The union has already made a stink about this but we still aren't seeing one package proximity packages being diverted to us here. Some of the sure post packages are not even close to being a small package. Imo the union got steamrolled over all of this
I catch stuff on a daily basis that's commercial or too big or resi I'm already going to. And that's the 2% of surepost that I actually get to look at.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I will work 60 hours a week in December, just like I have every year since 1988.

The only variable will be how many stops, if any, that I bring back each night.

It pays the same regardless.