Peak 2016

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
How does the 70 hour thing work? 70 hours in 6 days? 100 pickup stops on Saturday? Wow we aren't even to peak yet and I am already tired just thinking about it!!

Drink Craft Beer

Black Friday and the day after both optional in my center. Of course my center manager is pushing it, but it is not mandatory. Not sure of the Saturday's after that.
Black Friday is mandatory at my center. Double time and a half, guaranteed 3 and a half hrs.

Saturday is volunteer, hours only, for pre-loaders and drivers. Low men on totem pole are SOL if there are not enough volunteers.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
We were told this morning that we can expect to work every Saturday between Black Friday and Christmas Eve, which, as it stands now, will be an air only day.
IMG_0648.PNG
Thank god for this.

DOK

In feeders, we are going from 60/7 to 70/8 for peak real soon. If they do that in package, you could work 12 hours a day Mon through Fri and 8 on Sat with 2 hours left over. 34 hour restart and brand new fresh hours of service on Monday.

How? Thought it was 60 hours max for the week?

iowa boy

They tell me to treat their "plans" as scripture, so I will in this case.

Frigid,

I understand, given the position that you hold, that you have to treat their plans as scripture, but I can pull numbers out of my ass just as easily as they can, and mine would make just as much sense as theirs do. The best part is, I get paid a hell of a lot less than those idiots do.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Frigid,

I understand, given the position that you hold, that you have to treat their plans as scripture, but I can pull numbers out of my ass just as easily as they can, and mine would make just as much sense as theirs do. The best part is, I get paid a hell of a lot less than those idiots do.
You don't have to tell me. They give me my target numbers and I use my best judgement to hit them. Their volume numbers alone are usually off +/- 20%.