Peak 2016

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
A 40% swing in volume projection a day is huge. How can you compensate for this? Magic 8 ball?
Pretty much. I know it sounds stupid, but I go with my gut. I can usually get it closer. Sometimes you lose, but it's less often than IE's numbers.

Black Friday last year they were off on our local sort by 135%. I thought the local sort sup was going to crap his pants. I ripped the district IE guy a new one over that. They have no problem telling me when my numbers are unacceptable.

Ups already took Black Friday away from most of us. Don't let them take your Saturdays too, contract says workweek m-friend 5 days. To many don't stand up to the bully that is Ups.

P

pickup

How? Thought it was 60 hours max for the week?

Companies have an option to use either 60/7 or 70/8. I believe if they use 70/8 , they have to have a dispatcher on duty 7 days a week and have to have Sunday operations. Feeders operates Sunday so I think they meet the criterion.

This 70/8 is not a waiver, it's just a different option.

BUCN85

Received a DIAD message today. They are looking for VOLUNTEER's to work on 11/26. Not ready to force yet.
Can they really force you considering it's a m-friend work week. Also I heard sat is pickups only. If they force you can you demand your 8 or your not coming in?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can they really force you considering it's a m-friend work week. Also I heard sat is pickups only. If they force you can you demand your 8 or your not coming in?

Saturdays here will be roughly 6-8K pieces and a sweep of the bulk pickups. 4-6 hours per driver.

They are doing this to help them even out the work for the following week.

Yes, they can force us to work.
Yes, it sucks.

35years

Gravy route
And if they say they can't give 8 hrs. It's only hrs only?
Nope, if they force you, they have to give you 8, if you request it.
If you show up and it is less than 8, remind them you want 8 before start time (better in writing and/or with a steward present).
Call them when you finish your last stop and request more hours.
If they don't give you 8, then file a grievance and get paid for 8.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Hey, welcome to my world.

FX HD has been on the 70 hour work week in years... They just don't pay us OT . I'm going to be working 6 days next Week

I thought the 6th days are covered by the Tues-sat crew as well as the seasonal driver s... that would make sense.

In my neck of the woods, I have been seeing Saturday brownie drivers since September, not as many but they're going to the same resis as I am

BUCN85

If you still insist upon your 8 they will have you wash package cars.
Yeah I don't see any sup at least in my building wanting to stay around for that. I don't understand why UPS chooses the term "force". They can't force you to come in. All you have to do is call in. And unless you are a person who frequently calls in. They can't do anything.

brownelf

If you still insist upon your 8 they will have you wash package cars.
Whatever it takes I always work 8hrs when I'm forced to work. I'll never understand why many will agree to working less than our guaranteed hours on days we're forced to work. If they're going to ruin my day the last thing I'm doing is to make it easier for them to schedule for that day. This is the reason everyone gets scheduled to work on holidays, it's easy to bring everyone in when most agree to actual hours. They know the guys in our center who insist on working 8 hrs, and many of us still get most of these working holidays off including Black Friday.