Peak 2017 - Saturdays, PVD's, and OT oh my

brownelf

I predict this will be the best peak in the past 40 yrs. Headed down to the keys the day after Thanksgiving to do a little fishing. Retired earlier this year.

J92

I predict we will be short on extra drivers, package handlers, etc. I also predict that we will be struggling as Saturday is up and running. In addition, I think they should do better at rewarding us before, during and after peak to keep retention of employees. A lot of folks left, retired, etc. at my hub so unless they are going to hire and retrain in the next 2 months, it doesn't look good. The reward for referrals is weak.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Our building cant wrap up the preload now. It's gonna be pandemonium come peak. My prediction is guys on splits with minimal business will have their start times bumped to 10:00, maybe 10:30. That way when we show our trucks are done and waiting. They don't have to pay us stand around time waiting to leave, and can whip us with 12 straight hours of delivering every day. Man I hope Im wrong lol.

That happened to me during part of last peak. I wasn't rolling out of the building until 10:30 then they want me to stay out helping other drivers (which I don't mind doing) until 10pm. People who live out in the boonies like having a UPS driver creep up on their house in total darkness.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
That happened to me during part of last peak. I wasn't rolling out of the building until 10:30 then they want me to stay out helping other drivers (which I don't mind doing) until 10pm. People who live out in the boonies like having a UPS driver creep up on their house in total darkness.
Especially in a rental...

4evapreloader

Preload in my building is starting 30 minutes LATER next Tuesday. Should be a disaster of epic proportions. (not located anywhere near FL or TX)

friend- for planning thus far.

bumped

My predictions for peak 2017

We'll have late air
We won't have enough drivers
We won't have enough vehicles
We won't have enough preloaders
The batteries in the DIAD's will die
I predict we will be rolling stops as we won't finish
I predict UPS will try to make us drive on Saturday
I predict if I'm forced to drive Saturday I will call in sick another day during the week.
I predict I just don't care anymore.

The Driver

I drive.
Peak 2017 is just 2017 for me. I've never had this little free time in my whole working life for this long of a period. That's why I have you guys I guess.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
My predictions for peak 2017

We'll have late air
We won't have enough drivers
We won't have enough vehicles
We won't have enough preloaders
The batteries in the DIAD's will die
I predict we will be rolling stops as we won't finish
I predict UPS will try to make us drive on Saturday
I predict if I'm forced to drive Saturday I will call in sick another day during the week.
I predict I just don't care anymore.
I predict I will work 60 hours through Friday and when they tell me I'm required to show up Saturday I'll be at a bar at 6am