Peak 2017

Purplepackage

And while we’re talking about peak (I think that’s what it says), man, what a circus today was. Everyone had tons of P2s, largely Amazon. We also had lots of Monday’s P1s along with Saturday P1s. And it was the first snowstorm of the season.

The ROADS system, which I like, wasn’t used and I had no idea which of my stops were remotely near one another. Many lates for me and others.

If you need ROADS to deliver a route you're doing it wrong. Maps,phone,garmin any of those with a quick glance could of told you which stop was close to any other stop you had

MassWineGuy

Probably right. I have a spiral map book of the whole area that I used to carry. I’m going to start carrying it again. It’s pretty pathetic to rely on ROADS.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That’s hardly the issue. I can’t recall if it was Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson or someone else of that level. In a lengthy letter to a friend, he added: “I apologize for the length of this letter. I did not have enough time to make it shorter."

Even better, brevity is the soul of wit.

As for cactus, I could point out that the weather here is nice today and he'd respond that it isn't. He responds just to respond, kind of like a kid.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
What's with the ROADS chatter?

Doesn't express/airmail drivers have their own thread?

Fedex Express Peak 2017

On my local HD side, that snowstorm Benji knocked out a few drivers with accidents... most had no injuries but one.

A ground driver is using road warrior app ($5/month) so he can see his stops for the day, like a typical HD drivers Garmin GPS unit. Bad thing is they're reliable if there's a cellphone tower in your area for the app to work like waze?

it sucked balls on my route, power went out in the town centre, but wif area knowledge, I can knock out those stop OP s wif no stress.

got done by 1915 Saturday night, the commute home at 19 miles took an hour due to bad road conditions - sleet on top of melting snow & temps dropping below freezing ~ saw 5 accidents on that commute home

Everything melting away in time for Monday's mess

Purplepackage

What's with the ROADS chatter?

Doesn't express/airmail drivers have their own thread?

Fedex Express Peak 2017

On my local HD side, that snowstorm Benji knocked out a few drivers with accidents... most had no injuries but one.

A ground driver is using road warrior app ($5/month) so he can see his stops for the day, like a typical HD drivers Garmin GPS unit. Bad thing is they're reliable if there's a cellphone tower in your area for the app to work like waze?

it sucked balls on my route, power went out in the town centre, but wif area knowledge, I can knock out those stop OP s wif no stress.

got done by 1915 Saturday night, the commute home at 19 miles took an hour due to bad road conditions - sleet on top of melting snow & temps dropping below freezing ~ saw 5 accidents on that commute home

Everything melting away in time for Monday's mess

Neither of the 2 threads for peak are actually talking about peak.

It's all the same derailment/fighting as every thread in this forum gets

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Even better, brevity is the soul of wit.
Then why must you keep rambling on this forum and talking in circles?
As for cactus, I could point out that the weather here is nice today and he'd respond that it isn't. He responds just to respond, kind of like a kid.
First of all, that's Mr. Cactus to you. Secondly if you're talking about the weather and it's nice, so be it. The problem is all the BS of yours that you sadly believe makes everything else you say doubtful.

By the way, how's "Thunder" these days?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
First of all, that's Mr. Cactus to you.

And if I don't?

Secondly if you're talking about the weather and it's nice, so be it. The problem is all the BS of yours that you sadly believe makes everything else you say doubtful.

If it was meant for you to understand it, you would be equipped to understand it. :::headpat:::

By the way, how's "Thunder" these days?

I don't know, why don't you ask him?

Star B

White Lightening
If you have the maps dotted, Road warrior will continue to work in and out of coverage. Road warrior doesn't actually do the live turn by turn, it hands that off to google maps or the GPS app of your choice. However, when you ask it to optimize, it will draw a line on its map to show how it thought how you should drive it.

Like I've said in the past, I use it for a map dotter and that's it. I make sure what I need help with is in it before I get out of coverage.

floridays

And while we’re talking about peak (I think that’s what it says), man, what a circus today was. Everyone had tons of P2s, largely Amazon. We also had lots of Monday’s P1s along with Saturday P1s. And it was the first snowstorm of the season.

The ROADS system, which I like, wasn’t used and I had no idea which of my stops were remotely near one another. Many lates for me and others.
And why is a monday p1 a worry on sunday?
"I had no idea which of my stops were remotely near one another." How long have you been working at that station? I'd keep that information to myself until it became obvious.

Star B

White Lightening
And why is a monday p1 a worry on sunday?
He was working on Saturday and they were trying to get everything out of the building. The company built a generation of couriers that can't deliver in-town without ROADs... I remember awhile back when ROADs went totally down and all the couriers went into "friend the company mode"... nothing at all was theirs.

MAKAVELI

He was working on Saturday and they were trying to get everything out of the building. The company built a generation of couriers that can't deliver in-town without ROADs... I remember awhile back when ROADs went totally down and all the couriers went into "friend the company mode"... nothing at all was theirs.
In all fairness I believe he is a normally a part time pickup driver. He may not have the route knowledge of regular full time couriers.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I had a trainee for my straight truck route

14 delivery stops
6 pickups
All within 5 miles from HQ

He lasted 4 days, as I told him You will not need a GPS. And he was quite possibly the stupidest son of a b I’ve ever trained.

The last pick up was roughly 500 feet from the terminal and he couldn’t navigate himself back without the GPS