Peak 2017

It will be fine

So...is Saturday now considered a normal work day and when was it decided?
Who knows? My Ground only station is planning on diverting any res to the HD station. My co-lo I'm running everyone. They can always change the plan so I've got everyone expecting to work.

STFXG

We were told mandatory Ground on Saturday. No reload/extra trailers for Tuesday. Not going to have anything to do on Tuesday. Waste of time to go out Saturday, but it is what it is.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We were told mandatory Ground on Saturday. No reload/extra trailers for Tuesday. Not going to have anything to do on Tuesday. Waste of time to go out Saturday, but it is what it is.
Well....Have fun.

Since I'm retired now I'll be at home keeping warm with a bottle of wine thinking about y'all. Eh, not really.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
In my area, the customers were smart and purchased their stuff early. Most of my oversized & irregs were done early in the month. Last 2 weeks were smalls as if I was an Amazonian driver

My Ground only station is planning on diverting any res to the HD station

Easiest Saturday ever! Someone at the ground terminal dropped the ball... we didn't get their resis at all so everyone at HD was light.

I looked at my preliminary manifest and map overviews of my route and the 2 supplemental drivers to flex the misplots. Surprisingly, none of our boxes were B2B!

90 stops in 5 hours of driving, weather cooperated, done 2 hours before dusk.

Bad part this peak was bonus pay was cut in half due to promises to the investors... that's not fair when some of us were on the road clocking out close to midnight.

My customers, on the other hand, gave me tips that exceed the $200 check so at least they appreciated my service all year long. I'm gonna give half to my awesome preloader
sketch-1514119043899.png

One of my customers sold me a better hand truck! Fiberglass body, lighter than the red metal one... air tires though.

sketch-1514119038990.png

Over 200 parcels in this cutaway truck, 7 totes used to contain 80 smalls

As I'm chilling at home, I'll wave to those Amazon PVDs and USPS drivers on Sunday.

bacha29

Good news Orion. Thanks to the tax reform act of 2018 your bonus next year will go from $ 200.00 all the way up $200.14. You want to know what that job will do to you over time? After 23 years everything in both legs from my pelvis to my knees is pure titanium and almost every vertebrae in my back has a bone spur on it. When not if something similar to this happens to you what will those investors do for you? You will not be retired you'll be disposed of.Keep in mind something. Seventy four percent of all first time disability claims are denied you have a one in ten chance of your reconsideration request being granted and the average wait for a formal hearing even if your lucky enough to be granted one is 21 months. BTW the way Paul Ryan says that starting next year he will begin the task to "save" and "reform" Social Security with special emphasis on the disability component with "full retirement" age being raised to 70 if not higher.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Good news Orion. Thanks to the tax reform act of 2018 your bonus next year will go from $ 200.00 all the way up $200.14. You want to know what that job will do to you over time? After 23 years everything in both legs from my pelvis to my knees is pure titanium and almost every vertebrae in my back has a bone spur on it. When not if something similar to this happens to you what will those investors do for you? You will not be retired you'll be disposed of.Keep in mind something. Seventy four percent of all first time disability claims are denied you have a one in ten chance of your reconsideration request being granted and the average wait for a formal hearing even if your lucky enough to be granted one is 21 months. BTW the way Paul Ryan says that starting next year he will begin the task to "save" and "reform" Social Security with special emphasis on the disability component with "full retirement" age being raised to 70 if not higher.
You left out your titanium golf club hips. Reminds me of this:

Oldfart

Just take SS at 62 and don't worry about waiting till 66 or the future 70. If your retirement is dependent on your SS check, you just didn't plan properly.

bacha29

You left out your titanium golf club hips. Reminds me of this:
Again you completely missed the point. I used my situation to illustrate the dramatic and completely unforeseen turn of events that can happen to a person. In fact my parents divorced 6 weeks shy of 41 years. That's how unforeseen things like this can be. I bet that right now you're retired and made possible courtesy of a helpful if not comfortable Fedex retirement plan which affords you the opportunity make these crass and indignant comments. But keep in mind, this kid has no retirement plan and no employer paid healthcare and the clock is ticking on his working lifetime. Put yourself in his position for once. All I can do is to suggest that he simply not allow his loyalty and devotion to his investment group employer stand in the way of getting to a better place because our most precious commodity is not our bank accounts .....it's time.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yikes bacha, I work smarter, not harder... rural route with more windshield time allows me to be in shorts for even when the white stuff is on the road

I don't want to be like Steve Rogers, replaced with metal parts... my hand truck takes most of the beating. I'm on my 6th one since I can't afford a similar ALL aluminum one with a fold out extension like I see on UPS trucks

As for retirement, besides the peanuts from the SS club of the government, Peak is Ovah...

The bonus this peak was a kick in the acorns, last peak bonus was $800! So I know these mofos are penny pinching left and right, just to keep their investors happy

Happy Festivus for the rest of us. I'm expecting a :censored2: storm (peak part 2) on Wednesday since ground terminal effed up with not diverting the resis to our HD terminal on Saturday

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Again you completely missed the point. I used my situation to illustrate the dramatic and completely unforeseen turn of events that can happen to a person. In fact my parents divorced 6 weeks shy of 41 years. That's how unforeseen things like this can be. I bet that right now you're retired and made possible courtesy of a helpful if not comfortable Fedex retirement plan which affords you the opportunity make these crass and indignant comments. But keep in mind, this kid has no retirement plan and no employer paid healthcare and the clock is ticking on his working lifetime. Put yourself in his position for once. All I can do is to suggest that he simply not allow his loyalty and devotion to his investment group employer stand in the way of getting to a better place because our most precious commodity is not our bank accounts .....it's time.
Just pokin' fun atcha, bacha. Passive-aggressive sarcasm. Not indignant, just weary of hearing the same old same old. I like to kick up the dust, twist tails, occasionally. Vaya con dios. BTW, the sky's not falling.

bacha29

Just pokin' fun atcha, bacha. Passive-aggressive sarcasm. Not indignant, just weary of hearing the same old same old. I like to kick up the dust, twist tails, occasionally. Vaya con dios. BTW, the sky's not falling.
And it's a sarcasm that has proven itself to be of little benefit. All I tried to do was using myself as an example to point out the undeniable fact that the working lifespan of a ground grunt is much shorter compared to a letter carrier like yourself only this kid doesn't have the health and old age safety net that you enjoy. I admire his loyalty and dedication to the well being of the people on his route and to his investor employer but the cold fact is that neither party is going to give a flying face expletive deleted about what the future has in store for him.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And it's a sarcasm that has proven itself to be of little benefit. All I tried to do was using myself as an example to point out the undeniable fact that the working lifespan of a ground grunt is much shorter compared to a letter carrier like yourself only this kid doesn't have the health and old age safety net that you enjoy. I admire his loyalty and dedication to the well being of the people on his route and to his investor employer but the cold fact is that neither party is going to give a flying face expletive deleted about what the future has in store for him.
And your grandiosity and pomposity is what makes you a target for the likes of dano. And myself.