Peak as of 11-28

TheKid

Management in my building does not have the slightest clue what they are doing . . it is almost comical . . . . ALMOST.

Kreative444

Tow trucks pulling trailers for feeder, feeder doing pick ups for pakage and towing a personal vehicle (I wish i got a pic of that), and our 48 cute little uhaul trailers that only one truck in our center can use Id say all is going well

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Not the worst I've seen but close to it.

It seemed like the small buildings I worked in tended to jam up much worse in times of crisis.

people in the hub said that today was the worst day in over a decade, which is possible...I've only been here for 2+ years.

It was a nasty day.

One of the P500s I load on was 100% full at 7:00am, had to be completely unloaded at 8:30 because of 3 palettes I couldn't jam in :happy-very:. Nice job upper mgmt - two routes into one P500. Logistics! lol

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
It was a disaster at both the hub and the center. Hub was completely over run with volume on the twilight( 3 days of major pickups. Our center sent the hub 20 53 footers jam packed for the Monday twilight to unload). Center didn't plan enough drivers and helpers, so volume was late getting in Monday night, which made the night sort late. Our preload did nothing but make money for 90 minutes, waiting on me to get back with 180%.

curiousbrain

Today was absolutely brutal; however, even a shift like today ends at some point.

I now know what I looked like last year during peak - I had never seen it before, and was in a state of shock. To see new/seasonal hires with this look on their face that says "oh my god", is amusing - and then I go help them, of course.

I will greet tomorrow with a cranberry muffin, a cup of coffee, and a twisted sense of bemusement.

Jigawatts

As a preloader for life, last year was probably one of the smoothest peaks I've been through. If today is any indication of this peak, it's gonna be a mess.
Surprise management!!! We get more boxes this time of year. It's really weird.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Rental vehicles do not arrive until next week. Perhaps in this case, a mistake in some type of money saving cutbacks? Vehicle shortages in our hub anyway; very ugly ones being put on road.

over9five

Staff member
Rental vehicles do not arrive until next week. Perhaps in this case, a mistake in some type of money saving cutbacks? Vehicle shortages in our hub anyway; very ugly ones being put on road.
Did you see the package car redtag area? It's pretty much empty. How did all those redtagged cars get fixed all of a sudden......?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
376 pieces and 214 stops today. clocked in at 830 clocked out at 8. got a message at 1500 stating since i had a helper i was expected to make nine five.................it made me smile =)