Require OSHA Enforce the 28” exit route egress guidelines at UPS, FedEx, and Amazon.

UPS Preloader

If you have egress issues in you building, please sign and share this petition.

Require OSHA Enforce the 28” exit route egress guidelines at UPS, FedEx, and Amazon.

Please sign and share.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
BC14C3A1-F1DF-4AF7-A2DC-1ADD638B819F.jpeg

Nah
Not sure how effective a petition is going to be. Just refuse to work in the unsafe conditions and file a grievance under Article 18. Once production is impacted they'll figure it out.

Screenshot_2023-02-21-17-32-04-95_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Not sure how effective a petition is going to be.

A petition is not the way to go.

It's just a feel good measure, that never produces results.

Just refuse to work in the unsafe conditions and file a grievance under Article 18. Once production is impacted they'll figure it out.

After exhausting the grievance procedure.... have at it with all the government agencies.

@Bubblehead would be the person to PM. He and his Local, have dealt with this.

UPS Preloader

After exhausting the grievance procedure.... have at it with all the government agencies.

For the most part, we have egress under control in our building, however I know there are numerous other buildings that have egress issues.

What I do know is that three years ago I decided to ignore egress issues in our building to see what would happen. Sure enough we had egress issues everywhere so I filed a complaint with OSHA. I sent them a video where the egress was down to 7 inches but because I was able to get through it, the local/state level OSHA they said there was nothing they could do about it. Their hands were tied by this agreement. This memorandum needs to be reversed.

I’ve never done an online petition, I have no idea if it works, but I figured it can’t hurt.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

In the year or so before i retired i flooded management with Egress grievances, provided pics the whole 9 yards.

Company Will Comply would be the settlement decision over and over and over. As there is no monetary penalty Management didnt give a crap

What'dyabringmetoday???

It almost sounds like you are saying a grievance will go nowhere. Which is usually the case. UPS does whatever it chooses.

Nah
In the year or so before i retired i flooded management with Egress grievances, provided pics the whole 9 yards.

Company Will Comply would be the settlement decision over and over and over. As there is no monetary penalty Management didnt give a crap

It almost sounds like you are saying a grievance will go nowhere. Which is usually the case. UPS does whatever it chooses.
This is precisely why I said a grievance should be filed AND the employee should refuse to work in the unsafe conditions until they are remedied. If the egress is an issue, stop loading or unloading until it's not. Stop the belt if you have to. Read Article 18 Section 1.

@UPS Preloader don't give up because one OSHA employee said nothing can be done. Be persistent. Email them back and tell them they're wrong, and ask for their boss. If their boss is just as useless, get their boss. Etc..