Peak hires pay

The Range

In too deep
How could SEASONALS be displacing seniority employees all year? Sorta negates the definition of seasonal doesn't it?
And what is a full time seasonal insider? Would that be some sort of a seasonal 22.3? Never heard of that.

I apologize.. when I said "a year" I meant during summer and again this peak. A better thing to say would be "the new norm". Full-time inside seasonals @ 18.75, typically placed in gravy positions like small sort, displacing seniority workers.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I apologize.. when I said "a year" I meant during summer and again this peak. A better thing to say would be "the new norm". Full-time inside seasonals @ 18.75, typically placed in gravy positions like small sort, displacing seniority workers.

They are placed in the gravy positions as those are usually the easiest to train and then let them work unsupervised.

They are placed in the gravy positions as those are usually the easiest to train and then let them work unsupervised.

I got a guy like that across from me today on the sort. He only had three cars but holy moly. It's his second week and he does a better job than some people on book (sadly for them). In a way I'm glad he's getting paid more because he needs it and he wants it. He's been trying to get in the door all summer. Told him ten things to make loading easier and better and he did them all. The pay makes up for UPS not hiring this guy when we could've used him the last six months.

At the end of the day though, I can't find any rationale for people making 12.5/hr more than me an hour for a fraction of the work. I already only make 15 on overtime, these guys are pulling that in on flat pay on top of all their OT and bonuses.