Peak is NOT coming

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I get it...I could load my trucks backwards and still keep my job. I guess I just have this silly thing called taking some pride in my work. My drivers have a better day cause I did my job well.
That's because you my friend have mad mad skills. You also have what they call good ole common sense and what some of these lazyazz people nowadays don't have A TREMENDOUS WORK ETHIC :cheers:

over9five

Staff member
Are you saying unions promote mediocrity?
Hmmm, not exactly. I think lazy people anywhere will work the least amount possible. I firmly believe work ethic can't be trained into you, you either got it or you don't.
So I wouldn't say unions promote mediocrity, but they definitely assist the lazy in getting away with it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I think that you are the exception. Do the other people in your group do their job as well as you do?
I work on a belt with 4 newish guys...all under 20 and me and anothet vet loader who is over 40. Vet and I routinely load more trucks...up to 6 each depending on the day...than the rest of the line, who have 4 each, New guys' trucks are usually a sh*show....they dont know any better.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hmmm, not exactly. I think lazy people anywhere will work the least amount possible. I firmly believe work ethic can't be trained into you, you either got it or you don't.
So I wouldn't say unions promote mediocrity, but they definitely assist the lazy in getting away with it.
Speaking of lazy...i love how nobody in my center know the Go**amn start time yet...and its after noon. I texted my PT sup...no response. Texted 3 guys I work with...all of whom are still waiting for the same text back that I am. Ridiculous....I smell a grievance.

J

jibbs

I work on a belt with 4 newish guys...all under 20 and me and anothet vet loader who is over 40. Vet and I routinely load more trucks...up to 6 each depending on the day...than the rest of the line, who have 4 each, New guys' trucks are usually a sh*show....they dont know any better.

Slow down, BB! :censored2: doing 150% as much work as everyone else in your building.

If I ever come into work to find a 6-truck pull, I'll be able to show you 6 trucks that are going to be loaded like complete :censored2: by the time drivers start punching in.

My loader looks at me like its my fault she gave me misliads.

lmao, there's a few drivers that I'll act like it's all their fault, I can't even lie, lol....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There hasn't been a good loader hired in this building since EDD was implemented. Here the only loading method is to stuff each section according to the SPA. And lately using only the first....MAYBE the first and second numbers of the SPA. Anything else is asking too much.

My loader Friday probably cost me close to two hours. Drivers are always the problem though.

Brownslave688

If I ever come into work to find a 6-truck pull, I'll be able to show you 6 trucks that are going to be loaded like complete :censored2: by the time drivers start punching in..
Why would the number of trucks affect load quality?

I would just finish much later but the load quality would stay the same.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Funny how many people act like peak is a poison or a plague. It aint that hard really, same schiznitt every year nothing different. Just more busy and longer hours, that's it, nothing to it really. Once you been through enough of them, aint nothing but a chicken wing on a string lol. You already know at peak your not getting enough sleep or rest so once again always mind over matter to test your mental strength.
You must live in Florida or southern California. Half the battle with peak is dealing with severe winter weather conditions. Ice storms, blizzards, dangerous wind chills, etc. I could put up with the extra volume if the temperature wouldn't drop below 40 degrees.

Last edited:
J

jibbs

Why would the number of trucks affect load quality?

Quantity vs. Quality. They don't give us extra time to load. Show up at start time, work with what you've got. If what I've got is too much work and not enough time to complete it in, quality will suffer.

If my work is 50% more than what everyone around me is given, I will purposely make the quality suffer. I refuse to work faster than I safely can just because my coworkers are working more slowly than I am.

Brownslave688

Quantity vs. Quality. They don't give us extra time to load. Show up at start time, work with what you've got. If what I've got is too much work and not enough time to complete it in, quality will suffer.

If my work is 50% more than what everyone around me is given, I will purposely make the quality suffer. I refuse to work faster than I safely can just because my coworkers are working more slowly than I am.
You have unlimited time. I would have :censored2: stacked out all over and likely be getting help from many people but my load quality would not suffer.

PT Car Washer

You have unlimited time. I would have :censored2: stacked out all over and likely be getting help from many people but my load quality would not suffer.
Have you ever worked the pre load in the last 20 years? Jam it down the belts and into the package cars. Having said that, there are some pre loaders that do a nice job everyday. Drivers really miss them when they are on vacation.

Brownslave688

Have you ever worked the pre load in the last 20 years? Jam it down the belts and into the package cars. Having said that, there are some pre loaders that do a nice job everyday. Drivers really miss them when they are on vacation.
Yep I was mostly a sorter.

I loaded some trucks and I did a flawless job. Never attempted to give me more than 3 trucks though.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Slow down, BB! :censored2: doing 150% as much work as everyone else in your building.

If I ever come into work to find a 6-truck pull, I'll be able to show you 6 trucks that are going to be loaded like complete :censored2: by the time drivers start punching in.

lmao, there's a few drivers that I'll act like it's all their fault, I can't even lie, lol....
You forget 2 things Jibbs...first, Vet Loader (been here 20 yrs) and I who load extra split cars during summer peak, make a lot more money an hour than most preloaders.

Second...I work as directed. If they know I can handle 5 or 6....and all of sudden I "can't"...in retaliation, I may get moved to load the Outlet mall routes. friend that bulk! If they move either one of to a sh**y pull....what are we going to do....quit??? My mouth gets me in enough trouble sometimes...I gotta pick my battles wisely.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Me? If given too much work...quantity will suffer and I will not be wrapped ontime....but I would do my best to keep my load quality the same regardless. My drivers shouldn't have to suffer too because my center manager has unrealistic production numbers in mind for me.

PT Car Washer

You forget 2 things Jibbs...first, Vet Loader (been here 20 yrs) and I who load extra split cars during summer peak, make a lot more money an hour than most preloaders.

Second...I work as directed. If they know I can handle 5 or 6....and all of sudden I "can't"...in retaliation, I may get moved to load the Outlet mall routes. friend that bulk! If they move either one of to a sh**y pull....what are we going to do....quit??? My mouth gets me in enough trouble sometimes...I gotta pick my battles wisely.
Management can make your life pretty miserable if they want to. And forget about a retaliation grievance, it's work as directed in the UPS gulag.