Peak is NOT coming

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just let me enjoy the next 2 months. I feel like we have talked about the upcoming peak and how terrible it'll be almost all year.

Those couple months are bad enough. I don't want to hear or think about peak until at least nov 1

BrownArmy

At this point, 'Peak' is starting to be the more desirable season...lot's of routes in, helpers, etc.

It's been 'Peak' for the last four years.

Just let me enjoy the next 2 months. I feel like we have talked about the upcoming peak and how terrible it'll be almost all year.

Those couple months are bad enough. I don't want to hear or think about peak until at least nov 1
Then don't come on this site. Think of all the time wasted here thinking and conversing about this job. Just don't go here.

J

jibbs

Peak is not coming?

Don't you say that :censored2:. It's the only time of year I make decent money with UPS.

oldngray

nowhere special
NoPeeking.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Funny how many people act like peak is a poison or a plague. It aint that hard really, same schiznitt every year nothing different. Just more busy and longer hours, that's it, nothing to it really. Once you been through enough of them, aint nothing but a chicken wing on a string lol. You already know at peak your not getting enough sleep or rest so once again always mind over matter to test your mental strength.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Funny how many people act like peak is a poison or a plague. It aint that hard really, same schiznitt every year nothing different. Just more busy and longer hours, that's it, nothing to it really. Once you been through enough of them, aint nothing but a chicken wing on a string lol. You already know at peak your not getting enough sleep or rest so once again always mind over matter to test your mental strength.
The length has changed. When I started it was 1-2 bad weeks. Now it's almost 2 months long.

There was also a time that you were not to work over 12 hours. 9 pm was about as late as you were working. Now it's 10:30-11.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
The length has changed. When I started it was 1-2 bad weeks. Now it's almost 2 months long.

There was also a time that you were not to work over 12 hours. 9 pm was about as late as you were working. Now it's 10:30-11.
Yep. I know 1 25yr drvr (+9yrs pt) who never (remembers) working over 12hrs, until last year. He had enough seniority (in his barn) to bid into a 22.3 this year, in order to get to 30 yrs FT.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Back in the day before they had the dot rules, you could work as late as you wanted too. Many a nights punching out at 11 and 1 night a little after midnight. More stops back then actually so peak now to me is easier actually because you gotta be off the clock by 10. That's how it was back in the day. But agreed now its the whole peak from start to finish and couple weeks after peak its still nuts.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I like it when you give an 11pm eta at peak and center manager comes out personally to ask you why?!! And helper starts telling him some of the reasons and gets told to be quiet and then yell him doing best I can. Same ish Too many stops. ,loaded like crap.do the best I can.

Overpaid Union Thug

I hate peak. Terrible (worse than usual) dispatches. Worthless helpers. And getting worse every year. And the extra money is taxed into oblivion. I could go on and on but just don't feel like it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I hate peak. Terrible (worse than usual) dispatches. Worthless helpers. And getting worse every year. And the extra money is taxed into oblivion. I could go on and on but just don't feel like it.
I hate everyday. Having to wake up too early when im sleeping like a baby and having to go to some shiznitty job I hate lmfao.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
In case you did not notice. its peak all year round, anymore.

Too bad they still cut routes, layoff, and not provide helpers. I'll take peak anytime. At least I have a helper, full staffing, more running vehicles than I've seen all year, and most of the supes are too busy getting their asses handed to them to screw with me.