Peak Season

floridays

Absolutely. It’s called politics. I’m very respectful to local management even when I know they are incompetent bafoons because that gives me more leeway and profit. My drivers make more money the faster they work. Incentives work, I’d guess most of my drivers know I don’t care if they quit tomorrow but it’s worth their while to come in and work hard.
We call that brownnoser and gutless wonder amongst my group.
You're gutless, most likely because you don't actually own a business and are reliant on one specific entity for all of your income. We call you a trick, We call Fedex Ground your pimp.

The fact is if you admitted it, I wouldn't say another word.

floridays

I said it's not a career, it's just hours on a time clock. He didn't disagree, why are you?
If it's all someone does for a great portion of their life it was their career.
A career doesn't have to be something lofty, it is a consistent livelihood.

Have you ever heard of the term "career criminal?"

floridays

Imagine that, people with money on the line tend to take it seriously.
Did Fred have money on the line when it was Federal Express?
Did Fred take it seriously, with his money on the line, and for the most part it was his money then?
Answer those and we can move on.

floridays

It probably seems that way. If I had the drive and the ability of those who "have money," I'd probably look at the world entirely different than someone who didn't.
You don't have the drive, you probably do have the ability, you have to find your lane, it would just be the slow lane.

vantexan

If it's all someone does for a great portion of their life it was their career.
A career doesn't have to be something lofty, it is a consistent livelihood.

Have you ever heard of the term "career criminal?"
You can certainly look at it that way. And there was a time when to me being a courier amounted to something, was a career. The company turned it into just a job. There was no reward for going the extra mile, working harder than others. Other than more work heaped on you.

floridays

You can certainly look at it that way. And there was a time when to me being a courier amounted to something, was a career. The company turned it into just a job. There was no reward for going the extra mile, working harder than others. Other than more work heaped on you.
When the job is what you do for an extended length of time it becomes your career, it was a job, continue and that's your career.
It's nothing to be ashamed of, all careers don't offer wealth or great benefit at the end.
I understand what you have been saying for years Van, the undervalued employees of X have no one but themselves to blame for their plight.

You want a new job, that can be a second career, try organizing while you travel.
Plant a seed. It won't help you, but it might help others.

vantexan

When the job is what you do for an extended length of time it becomes your career, it was a job, continue and that's your career.
It's nothing to be ashamed of, all careers don't offer wealth or great benefit at the end.
I understand what you have been saying for years Van, the undervalued employees of X have no one but themselves to blame for their plight.

You want a new job, that can be a second career, try organizing while you travel.
Plant a seed. It won't help you, but it might help others.
Don't have the income to be roaming around. If a union wants to pay my way I'd be happy to hand out fliers at FedEx stations.

When FedEx required a certain amount of knowledge to do the job, it was a career. When there were raises based on review scores and a clear path to topping out, it was a career. When employee healthcare was truly company paid, it was a career. When there was a traditional pension waiting at the end of decades of faithful service, it was a career. Now it's dumbed down plug and play, lying to employees about pay, retirement is on employees only they don't pay enough for the employee to have a family and set aside enough to insure a decent retirement. There's no building something meaningful with the company. The company doesn't want to give incentives to stay for higher pay. It wants higher paid employees to get frustrated and leave so they can be replaced with cheaper employees. Plug and play. It's just a job. Hours on the clock.

AB831

Says the guy that hasn't got enough sense to get out of the rain. Maybe you should take some business classes and you might learn how to balance a checkbook and handle their finances without their mommy helping.
I’m not taking educational advice from a guy who can’t even write a sentence. You realize that you’re not qualified to do job I do now; right? So again, what have you ever actually accomplished in your life?

AB831

You are entry level. If you don't believe me just try to compete in your field without the equivalent of a father-in-law supporting you.
If you divorce the daughter life is surprisingly different.
I know you have me blocked, this falls on your deaf ears, maybe someone else can ask you this.

If Fedex absolved your "contract" tomorrow, exactly how would you support yourself and pay your creditors?

Exactly what clients needs would your drivers service, whose goods would you move?

Exactly whose DOT number would your company move under?

Simply questions, I have more.
Pretty sure he blocked me too. It’s very important to him that people recognize him as a “business owner” and his little ego gets threatened and hurt when people don’t.

AB831

This is the guy that wants us to believe he got a degree in English and is off to do great things. Lol 😂
Holy smilet!! I left an article out of my sentence on an internet message board!! This is the moment you’ve been waiting for! I probably won’t be able to get state licensure now. Can I have a job at your “business?”

It will be fine

Holy smilet!! I left an article out of my sentence on an internet message board!! This is the moment you’ve been waiting for! I probably won’t be able to get state licensure now. Can I have a job at your “business?”
I would never hire someone with your attitude. The negative energy would sink the workforce. Hatred has no place in my company.

falcon back

I’m not taking educational advice from a guy who can’t even write a sentence. You realize that you’re not qualified to do job I do now; right? So again, what have you ever actually accomplished in your life?
You went to Community College and did the same job I did. Sounds like tuition that was totally wasted. Fred should ask for the tuition reimbursement back. What have you accomplished except waste money?

bacha29

Glad to see that in your previous posts that you're guys are on piece work. What you call "incentives" we call 21st century share cropping. You did a decent job of covering it up be we knew all along that you're nothing more that a New England style plantation owner.

So tell us something. What are you're share croppers best at? Chopping cotton, cutting sugar cane, shelling peanuts or walking the beans?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You went to Community College and did the same job I did. Sounds like tuition that was totally wasted. Fred should ask for the tuition reimbursement back. What have you accomplished except waste money?
You're just jealous no college would ever accept you, not even a entry level community college.

Keep working on trying to pass the 5th grade first.

HedleyLamarr

They posted a peak work schedule at my station. Non Dot couriers will be working 2 and a half weeks straight without a day off. From December 7-24th. Rest up while you can; It will be an exhausting stretch to the finish!