Peak Season

It will be fine

That's truly what is wrong with business types. Not all, but too many couch everything in terms of winners and losers. Too many mgrs talk arrogantly to couriers because in their minds, and I get this from comments made, if you had anything on the ball you'd go into management instead of just being a courier. From where I'm sitting, 5 weeks shy of being 59, 30 is still young. A lot of twentysomethings haven't figured out yet what they want to do for the rest of their life but if one has decided on something, is working to reach that goal, and has chosen a very worthy field that isn't lucrative but very important, he should be applauded. I would applaud your accomplishments too, but from your own posts know how much you detest people who come from middle class backgrounds and haven't achieved anything noteworthy.
If he’s going to attack me at every opportunity, I’m going to call out his glaring ignorance and failure in life. I came from a middle class background so that point doesn’t make any sense to me.

It will be fine

But your many comments on the past make sense to others what you're about.
I’m about taking opportunity. People like Bacha had the same opportunity I did and passed on it. Then they denigrate me for taking the risks required to succeed. I have little respect for people that have no ambition. I can’t imagine being content in an entry level job my entire life.

vantexan

I’m about taking opportunity. People like Bacha had the same opportunity I did and passed on it. Then they denigrate me for taking the risks required to succeed. I have little respect for people that have no ambition. I can’t imagine being content in an entry level job my entire life.
And yet you count on those very people to do the work that's making you wealthy. I knew a vice-president of American Airlines once. Had been a VP for TWA, Burlington Northern too. The man always, always, talked to everyone no matter who they were like they mattered to him. Always friendly, kind, respectful. You bubba aren't cut from the same cloth.

AB831

And yet you count on those very people to do the work that's making you wealthy. I knew a vice-president of American Airlines once. Had been a VP for TWA, Burlington Northern too. The man always, always, talked to everyone no matter who they were like they mattered to him. Always friendly, kind, respectful. You bubba aren't cut from the same cloth.
Yeah because one accomplished something and the other one didn’t.

It will be fine

You think I talk to people IRL like I treat you people on a message board? My employees work very hard for me, they recommend their friends to come work for me. There’s a reason for that.

It will be fine

So basically it's the real you here, but an act to keep employees "IRL." Gotcha.
Absolutely. It’s called politics. I’m very respectful to local management even when I know they are incompetent bafoons because that gives me more leeway and profit. My drivers make more money the faster they work. Incentives work, I’d guess most of my drivers know I don’t care if they quit tomorrow but it’s worth their while to come in and work hard.

vantexan

Absolutely. It’s called politics. I’m very respectful to local management even when I know they are incompetent bafoons because that gives me more leeway and profit. My drivers make more money the faster they work. Incentives work, I’d guess most of my drivers know I don’t care if they quit tomorrow but it’s worth their while to come in and work hard.
Buffoons. Another hallmark of management. Many know their jobs really well, but have limited knowledge on many subjects, if any at all. I've seen mgrs act like their minds are totally blown if I start discussing something they know nothing about. That's what a lot of you types don't get. For many of us the job is just a means to an end. It's not the end itself. Doesn't mean I don't want to do a good job. I was raised to work hard and got smacked if I didn't. But it was about getting to a goal that I wanted that had nothing to do with moving up a corporate ladder. And that was what was frustrating about FedEx always claiming better pay was coming soon for midrange employees, but never did. And terminating the traditional pension. I feel sorry for today's employees not having the option of taking a pension at 55. They really do need to work for as long as possible and hope they don't outlive their savings. And having to put up with people who use their position to put down others. To feel superior. And yet aren't.

AB831

What’s a “bafoon?”

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You started your own thread to get praise and you think I’m embarrassing myself? You are a troll and can’t handle being called out. You constantly demonstrate how little you understand from business to health insurance and literally every subject you comment on.
Add NFL quarterbacks to that list.

We should call him MF 2.0.

Unless...