Peak Season

AB831

I'm jealous of the radiant heaters in the ceiling...
Although in summer the fans don't reach the unload and in the winter, the heaters are like a sauna for the unloaders...
Don’t worry. It was 28 degrees yesterday morning, and they had them turned off.

Serf

We had a peak meeting today. Basically same ol stuff how we’re going to get slaughtered but let’s prepare for it as best we can.

bacha29

We had a peak meeting today. Basically same ol stuff how we’re going to get slaughtered but let’s prepare for it as best we can.
Ate lunch today with friend and former coworker. In less than an hour we counted at least 30 Ground linehaul heading up the mountain. All pulling doubles except one pulling a 53.After seeing that I messaged the sort manager and told him that I have some tarps in my storage building . He could borrow them if he needed to.

Hax

It's crazy. For a few weeks they would just cut off the sort at 10:30 and dispatch us because they don't have enough package handlers. My contractor put out an ad to personally hire people to help with the sort which is a first as far as I know.

AB831

It's crazy. For a few weeks they would just cut off the sort at 10:30 and dispatch us because they don't have enough package handlers. My contractor put out an ad to personally hire people to help with the sort which is a first as far as I know.
So, I better order my presents now if I want to see them by the 25th?

MassWineGuy

If I don’t soon start my route earlier it’s not going to look pretty as Peak inches closer. Plus, we have a bunch of new people on the road who sometimes have 20 stops left half an hour before they need to be back in the building. I take some if I can, but not if it’s going to make me late.

Staffing and adequate training are not my department.

It doesn’t help that I have three stores in a mall that 80 percent of the time have no pickups. Dick’s Sporting Goods is the worst because they have to check in back which takes forever. Then tell me no pup. Now I wait just two minutes then code it as either no package or not ready. Getting what I’ve already picked up on the plane is more important.

Last edited:

AB831

If I don’t soon start my route earlier it’s not going to look pretty as Peak inches closer. Plus, we have a bunch of new people on the road who sometimes have 20 stops left half an hour before they need to be back in the building. I take some if I can, but not if it’s going to make me late.

Staffing and adequate training are not my department.

It doesn’t help that I have three stores in a mall that 80 percent of the time have no pickups. Dick’s Sporting Goods is the worst because they have to check in back which takes forever. Then tell me no pup. Now I wait just two minutes then code it as either no package or not ready. Getting what I’ve already picked up on the plane is more important.
They’d rather you have ten service failures than start you ten minutes early.

bacha29

That's why they have contractors and the beauty of them. They try to get you to spend your money on the venture instead of their own while still taking their cut right off the top first.

Hax

That's why they have contractors and the beauty of them. They try to get you to spend your money on the venture instead of their own while still taking their cut right off the top first.
Yeah I know the whole thing is a scam. I just can't believe people still think buying routes is a good idea.