Peak supervisors working

km3

So file. The contract still exists in December.

Not according to my local, unfortunately. I had this discussion today with my steward. "You can't grieve supervisors working when there's open double-shifting. The company's been doing this for years."

km3

Sounds like you guys need to attend some meetings and voice your grievancs to the union. Fix it or we are voting you out.

I wasn't able to attend my last meeting due to being sick. I'll definitely be going to the next one, though. While talking to the steward, I got the impression that the BA wouldn't want to do anything about it...he used to work at UPS so he knows as well as anyone that the building is falling apart and over capacity every damn day of the year. Not an excuse to just ignore the contract. If they can ignore that part when it's convenient for them, which other parts are they ignoring? Or will they ignore?

Admittedly I haven't been too concerned with supervisors working in the past, but it's getting ridiculous now. This is the first time I've ever felt compelled to file on the issue, only to find out I can't. :/

clean hairy

I wasn't able to attend my last meeting due to being sick. I'll definitely be going to the next one, though. While talking to the steward, I got the impression that the BA wouldn't want to do anything about it...he used to work at UPS so he knows as well as anyone that the building is falling apart and over capacity every damn day of the year. Not an excuse to just ignore the contract. If they can ignore that part when it's convenient for them, which other parts are they ignoring? Or will they ignore?

Admittedly I haven't been too concerned with supervisors working in the past, but it's getting ridiculous now. This is the first time I've ever felt compelled to file on the issue, only to find out I can't. :/
When you have more management than goulies working, it has become a BIG problem!

flatbread

Occasional Lurker
Not according to my local, unfortunately. I had this discussion today with my steward. "You can't grieve supervisors working when there's open double-shifting. The company's been doing this for years."

Yeah, I had a sup working for about 5.5 hours right in front of me on "day six" twice this month. The grievance money would be nice, but it's not like anyone is being denied hours.

km3

Yeah, I had a sup working for about 5.5 hours right in front of me on "day six" twice this month. The grievance money would be nice, but it's not like anyone is being denied hours.

Yeah, I guess. It just bothers me that the local doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

I found something else to be angry about anyway. PT package handlers hired in 2016 are now getting a $250/week bonus for being in on time every day. That's more than I make if I get my daily guarantee every day. I'm furious right now.

Thinking about quitting, and getting rehired...but then I wonder whether I want to keep working for a company that gives its senior employees the middle finger like this.

km3

Are you sure the bonus is that high? $250 sounds awfully high to me.

Yes, I would be :censored2: if I were a PTer and they offered that in my center.

Yes, sir. Here's the job posting as of 5 minutes ago:

bonus.jpg