Peak to regular/fulltime driver in NJ

Nj187

I wouldn’t be worried bro. I’d def take the shot at going to MT olive. I also wouldn’t take it as “You didn’t do good enough” a lot of those open spots were filled by guys who came before you and have been waiting.
Thank you for the response

Nj187

In some locals they post a sign up sheet once per year for part timers to put their name on if they want to be drivers. And when UPS hires a driver they refer to that list and offer driver jobs in seniority order. In other places they post the driver job for bid each time they need a driver.

Outside hires are hired on a 6:1 ratio. part timers to outsiders. Some places can't get enough part timers to become drivers and they hire a lot of off the street drivers.

Sounds like HR has more information to gather before they can tell you anything concrete. UPS moves at it's own pace and there's really nothing you can do about it. Good luck.
Thank you for the info and insight.

Nj187

I had my road test on a stick shift (finally) in mount olive. I passed, gave HR my form, start class (again) for six days feb 1, then after that was assured by hr, I would start my 30 Days out of the Mt. Olive building. Thanks again everyone for the help.

RJN

I had my road test on a stick shift (finally) in mount olive. I passed, gave HR my form, start class (again) for six days feb 1, then after that was assured by hr, I would start my 30 Days out of the Mt. Olive building. Thanks again everyone for the help.

Hey man I have mine tommorow morning . Any advice would be appreciated !

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I work out of parsippanny hub. Told need four or five new hires for regular after peak for my section. Given speech of what you put in, is what you get. district manager started as casual seven years ago now he’s district manager. My supervisor same thing. Casual seven years ago, now supervisor of my hub. Been working six day work weeks. 50 plus hours. Called to see most nights if need anything else, did what can do to show/prove want it. Coworker in truck next to me in the morning, he started May. Laid off October and they called him back within three weeks for full time. Two other drivers got called right after peak, that I spoke to and another one in mount olive branch I met, same thing. So it does happen. Just curious if they were lucky ones/if it’s political and they knew people, or really how it works. I’m told over and over again great job. Thank you thank you etc. just curious on people’s experiences. We have 18 casuals in my sections so obv not all of us will get it, also is there a expiration date for eligibility to be full time or anything. Can we get hired for another section in same hub or just that section, or even Another hub/base altogether. Curious how it works and haven’t found info anywhere Thanks again
To keep you peak seniority they would need to call you back by April 15th. They could call you back at anytime but if it is after April 15th you would basically be starting over

RJN

I forgot to mention that my test is at the mt olive Facilitie also . So any tips from your experience be awesome

Thanks man

Nj187

I forgot to mention that my test is at the mt olive Facilitie also . So any tips from your experience be awesome

Thanks man
Hey, apologize for late response. Haven’t been on. Hope your road test went well. Hard to fail. Give good leeway. As long as don’t hit curb or anything “objects.” Are you in the six day class yet? Or started already? Which center are you going to work in? Hope all went well brother.

RJN

Hey, apologize for late response. Haven’t been on. Hope your road test went well. Hard to fail. Give good leeway. As long as don’t hit curb or anything “objects.” Are you in the six day class yet? Or started already? Which center are you going to work in? Hope all went well brother.

Hey man , last Friday during the nor’eastern I drove to the center to be turned around , due to weather . My test was set for the next Friday , which was yesterday . I passed , but the other guy never even made it out on the road , and he told me he was a driver with Fedex for ten years . I prepped for the road test and took my time . I did fine , no stalls , just a couple grinds here and there . Afterwards I headed to Parsippany, and got my physical and DOT . Most of the management was out yesterday , so I guess I’m waiting to be contacted by somebody .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Still questioning if I should give my current employer notice , or wait ? Any advice would be appreciated!

If you wait for them to contact you may be waiting for a long time.

I would call them Monday morning and, if you are not already scheduled to go on road, ask if you can come in and sit down with them to discuss your potential time table for training. Tell them that you want to give your current employer proper notice----they will appreciate that you are trying to do the right thing.

RJN

If you wait for them to contact you may be waiting for a long time.

I would call them Monday morning and, if you are not already scheduled to go on road, ask if you can come in and sit down with them to discuss your potential time table for training. Tell them that you want to give your current employer proper notice----they will appreciate that you are trying to do the right thing.

I passed road test and went and got physical and dot certification. How long until I go to school ?

Nj187

I passed road test and went and got physical and dot certification. How long until I go to school ?
When I did road test and brought paperwork to parsippany they schedules my school for following week. Maybe they are awaiting more people to fill class. Which center you qualify for. Newton or mount olive? Either way. You should be good if passed. Matter of getting you in class. I’d keep on top of HR. Call every other day.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
From interview to first day of class was 26 days for me. I was an off street hire and my seniority date is the first day at the center and not the first day of class.

RJN

I got 5's down over the weekend. I do currently work full time, so I really need them to let me know whats going on so I can give my current employer notice. I see conflicting things with ten point commentary, can someone possibly post a pic of the one they received from UPS directly? Id hate to learn the wrong verbiage, to relearn it again.

Bratty Brown

We Want Beer
I hope this image is clear enough Good luck!
20180312_184940.jpg