PEAK?

dmac1

We where told home delivery will be working Christmas eve. and take Tues. off.
Saturday is their normal workday. They are lucky to get Tuesday off.

Since Trump was elected, gas prices are up nationally by over 10%, and mtg rates are up by about the same. Everyone ready for $4 a gallon gas? Fedex contractors are apparently having a hard time finding drivers. Ads for drivers appearing offering $14.50 an hour, but drivers must be perfect citizens. Good luck with that.

MassWineGuy

I was told to report at 10 this morning. Luxurious. Then the weather line update said 8:30. This was after I called three times and it just kept ringing. Still 10 afaic.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was told to report at 10 this morning. Luxurious. Then the weather line update said 8:30. This was after I called three times and it just kept ringing. Still 10 afaic.

Haven't you learned anything here. Report for work at your scheduled time. Jesus, don't let them string you along. Our weather line said come in 2 hours late. Guess what? I showed up at 0200 (my scheduled start) and shifted trailers with the yard goat. I got paid while your sorry ass was waiting by the phone.

Better yet. Don't show up at all. You're not paid to be on stand-by, are you"

Jesus H, Cristo!! Learn, people!!

Oldfart

Haven't you learned anything here. Report for work at your scheduled time. Jesus, don't let them string you along. Our weather line said come in 2 hours late. Guess what? I showed up at 0200 (my scheduled start) and shifted trailers with the yard goat. I got paid while your sorry ass was waiting by the phone.

Better yet. Don't show up at all. You're not paid to be on stand-by, are you"

Jesus H, Cristo!! Learn, people!!
You are a credit to the company and everyone should appreciate your effort.

dvalleyjim

Saturday is their normal workday. They are lucky to get Tuesday off.

Since Trump was elected, gas prices are up nationally by over 10%, and mtg rates are up by about the same. Everyone ready for $4 a gallon gas? Fedex contractors are apparently having a hard time finding drivers. Ads for drivers appearing offering $14.50 an hour, but drivers must be perfect citizens. Good luck with that.

Calm down dude. I survived 8 years of Obama and didn't cry, just voted. You need to come up with better ideas.

dvalleyjim

You Dems redefined a full time job as 30hr/wk. The Feds with the help of both parties sent all our jobs overseas. Now the Dems offer us 25hr/work wk, minimum wage jobs and want the MW to go to 15/hr. That sounds like crap. Let me educate you since the school didn't. The only way wages go up is if employers have to compete for employees because their businesses are growing fast. Not 15/hr Walmart jobs. Wake up! Quit being a crony, globalist capitalist like Fred and bring jobs back to America.
It's economics 101.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It is starting to pick up- how many temps have you seen during peak? Is your route being helped out by these temps? thank you and have a great day

I lost a temp last week. Had to work my max 14 hour drive on Saturday due to a snow_ice_melting_fog system and clocked out at 2200.

If he doesn't find a supplemental to help me out this final week, I'm gonna run out of 70 hours by Saturday