Peaks over

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Let’s discuss the present team.
The present team?

The present team is showing the effects of 3 consecutive awful drafts, with multiple significant high round misses at OL and secondary, which happen to be where their biggest problems lie. Out of those 23 pics, they have 1 consistent starter (McCreary), one good depth guy on defense (Weaver), and a TE who might end up being good (Okonkwo). You can't spend your way out of an inability to draft effectively.

59 Dano

I definitely know that some of our ops managers would love it if our overbearing, micro managing SM left them alone and let them do their jobs. Probably differs by location.
"If they'd just leave me alone and let me manage," says the bad manager.

59 Dano

Strongly disagree. If the SM trusts their mgt. team, they ought to step back and definitely let them manage.
It has nothing to do with trust. A manager who delivers results is properly managing. Some deliver those results on their own, others require the urging or intervention of their seniors.

vantexan

And van, in his wisdom, says that people who lack the ambition to lead seek to lead.
No, they seek better pay. There are plenty of couriers who would make good mgrs but Dano, in his lack of wisdom, believes that if they aren't actively seeking to go into management then they lack that special "something" that only the obviously superior human beings have.

59 Dano

No, they seek better pay. There are plenty of couriers who would make good mgrs but Dano, in his lack of wisdom, believes that if they aren't actively seeking to go into management then they lack that special "something" that only the obviously superior human beings have.
Don't be silly. I managed plenty of couriers who would make outstanding leaders and a decent number of them went on to take leadership positions. They're pretty easy to spot.

vantexan

Don't be silly. I managed plenty of couriers who would make outstanding leaders and a decent number of them went on to take leadership positions. They're pretty easy to spot.
We're talking about "average" employees, as you call them, who couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper sack. They go into management for two reasons. They want better pay and they hate courier work. They're a far cry from the ones who were good couriers with a good head on their shoulders. I've also known couriers who went into management who were damn good couriers. Some got discouraged because of the garbage they had to put up with from their bosses. In other words managers aren't always there because they're always the superior ones who are a cut above couriers which you put forth on a regular basis.

yadig

What’s wrong with being a good courier and enjoying the job? That’s your problem.

59 Dano

We're talking about "average" employees, as you call them, who couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper sack. They go into management for two reasons. They want better pay and they hate courier work. They're a far cry from the ones who were good couriers with a good head on their shoulders. I've also known couriers who went into management who were damn good couriers. Some got discouraged because of the garbage they had to put up with from their bosses. In other words managers aren't always there because they're always the superior ones who are a cut above couriers which you put forth on a regular basis.
Well, that's not what I said but you've never been one to know what you're talking about.

59 Dano

Keep trying Dano. You'll get even someday for getting called out.
I have no idea what I've been called out on. You cry so much about so many different things, it's difficult to keep up.

But carry on, I love reading your endless spiels about how I'm can't be right about something because you had a manager once 25 years ago and he looked at you the wrong way and made you get a pickup you didn't want, etc.

vantexan

I have no idea what I've been called out on. You cry so much about so many different things, it's difficult to keep up.

But carry on, I love reading your endless spiels about how I'm can't be right about something because you had a manager once 25 years ago and he looked at you the wrong way and made you get a pickup you didn't want, etc.
Great, looking forward to it!