Peaks over

vantexan

Nope.

Why, I heard just the other day that upper management had a meeting to make sure everyone knew that hourly positions are meant for morons. See, a couple upper management types had recommended hourly jobs to a couple of fairly bright people. It nearly threw then entire domestic ops out of whack.
Should be changing you to hourly any day now.

vantexan

LOL, no.

New hires are skewed by a demographic that's younger and typically entering an industry for the first time. The have the ability to job hop without much of a problem as they try to find whatever it is that they want.
B.S. People of all ages get on with FedEx because they think it's a great paying job with a future. Management does nothing to dissuade them from thinking that. They have to find out from co-workers.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Because FedEx has put itself out as a great place to work with a future for decades. Name a major company with similar stats doing what FedEx has done to their employees?
What kind of dumb question is that? This is prime MRFEDEX butthurt stupidity masquerading as logic.

I think if you made the effort you could find plenty of examples of companies that pared down their workforces and/or reduced benefits. I know you sleep in your car, but how about you listen to the news on the radio when you do?

59 Dano

B.S. People of all ages get on with FedEx because they think it's a great paying job with a future. Management does nothing to dissuade them from thinking that. They have to find out from co-workers.
I bet it would be surreal to find out that the guy telling me the company sucks is on his 3rd stint working there.

I didn't like courier pay so I stopped being a courier.

vantexan

I bet it would be surreal to find out that the guy telling me the company sucks is on his 3rd stint working there.

I didn't like courier pay so I stopped being a courier.
Yah, let's attack the messenger. Here's the dirty little secret, if you spend your twenties and thirties working for FedEx you really aren't qualified for anything else. I didn't have to money to go get training. I also had dogs. Couldn't go be a truck driver because I wasn't willing to give them up. Doesn't change the fact that FedEx went through hundreds of thousands of employees because many decided there was no future with FedEx and weren't willing to run like maniacs for decades to come. Not surprised you gave up being a courier. Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Nolimitz

Yah, let's attack the messenger. Here's the dirty little secret, if you spend your twenties and thirties working for FedEx you really aren't qualified for anything else. I didn't have to money to go get training. I also had dogs. Couldn't go be a truck driver because I wasn't willing to give them up. Doesn't change the fact that FedEx went through hundreds of thousands of employees because many decided there was no future with FedEx and weren't willing to run like maniacs for decades to come. Not surprised you gave up being a courier. Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.
OH, Woe is me! You made choices in life, (dogs, dead beat wife and step kid) not your employer. You have been retired for many years now. Is it not time to get on with the rest of your life? You have ZERO impact on FedEx operations. GAFL

vantexan

OH, Woe is me! You made choices in life, (dogs, dead beat wife and step kid) not your employer. You have been retired for many years now. Is it not time to get on with the rest of your life? You have ZERO impact on FedEx operations. GAFL
And you never contribute anything to a conversation but personal attacks. How many years have you been at FedEx? I'm a FedEx retiree and as such I can comment all I want.

I've given info about my personal situation. Doesn't have anything to do with bad FedEx policies that not only affected me but hundreds of thousands. There's a reason FedEx I.D. numbers went over a million and they came up with a new system that doesn't reflect the high numbers of turnover.

I have a FL. It's to get under the skin of jerks.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
And you never contribute anything to a conversation but personal attacks. How many years have you been at FedEx? I'm a FedEx retiree and as such I can comment all I want.

I've given info about my personal situation. Doesn't have anything to do with bad FedEx policies that not only affected me but hundreds of thousands. There's a reason FedEx I.D. numbers went over a million and they came up with a new system that doesn't reflect the high numbers of turnover.

IMG_4548.gif

Nolimitz

Other than whining and moaning about your treatment from FedEx what do you add to the discussion? Not much. 99% of your problems were self-induced. I retired a year ago, and no I did not waste my life at FedEx, It was an end of my working life.

vantexan

Other than whining and moaning about your treatment from FedEx what do you add to the discussion? Not much. 99% of your problems were self-induced. I retired a year ago, and no I did not waste my life at FedEx, It was an end of my working life.
My only mistake was I quit and came back. Doesn't negate the fact that FedEx screwed over hundreds of thousands of midrange employees. And when do I bring it up most of the time? When some snide member of management belittles frontline employees. And if you didn't "waste" your life at FedEx then what right do you have to attack others?

59 Dano

I can't stop laughing at the points you think you're making. You're taking a shot at me for progressing beyond a job that was so lousy that you're still complaining about it years after the fact.

vantexan

I can't stop laughing at the points you think you're making. You're taking a shot at me for progressing beyond a job that was so lousy that you're still complaining about it years after the fact.
I'm taking shots at you for being a jerk, including your remarks about getting rid of senior couriers because they no longer perform up to your "standards." My last year at FedEx was dealing with a left knee that made it hard to climb stairs. Left up to you I would've been pushed out. You sit at a desk all day with no appreciation that senior couriers spent 20+ years making sure you had a good job. No appreciation.

Nolimitz

My only mistake was I quit and came back. Doesn't negate the fact that FedEx screwed over hundreds of thousands of midrange employees. And when do I bring it up most of the time? When some snide member of management belittles frontline employees. And if you didn't "waste" your life at FedEx then what right do you have to attack others?
We had a sign in the kitchen growing up: To err is human, to forgive divine" Will you ever move forward in life? Or will you remain trapped in FedEx past? I guess this is just another "attack post".

vantexan

We had a sign in the kitchen growing up: To err is human, to forgive divine" Will you ever move forward in life? Or will you remain trapped in FedEx past? I guess this is just another "attack post".
I hardly ever bring it up anymore. But a jerk pushed my buttons with his comments. I'm not going to let him off the hook as long as he denigrates hard working people who make his job possible. At some point he'll shut up and I'll quit. If he sees this as a challenge then bring it on. And I don't care if you don't like me criticizing the company. I don't care if you don't like my politics. I have every right to fire back at him and if you don't like it too bad.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I hardly ever bring it up anymore. But a jerk pushed my buttons with his comments. I'm not going to let him off the hook as long as he denigrates hard working people who make his job possible. At some point he'll shut up and I'll quit. If he sees this as a challenge then bring it on. And I don't care if you don't like me criticizing the company. I don't care if you don't like my politics. I have every right to fire back at him and if you don't like it too bad.
IMG_1081.gif

59 Dano

I'm taking shots at you for being a jerk, including your remarks about getting rid of senior couriers because they no longer perform up to your "standards." My last year at FedEx was dealing with a left knee that made it hard to climb stairs. Left up to you I would've been pushed out. You sit at a desk all day with no appreciation that senior couriers spent 20+ years making sure you had a good job. No appreciation.
What do you think happens in any other company when an employee can no longer perform at an acceptable level?

59 Dano

I can make a comment about something that doesn't involve you, you choose to take it personally and here we go with Round 9484 of you biyatching at me over your career, your life, your whatever as though I'm responsible for the mess you've made. You can fire at me all you want, I think mad van is funny.

vantexan

What do you think happens in any other company when an employee can no longer perform at an acceptable level?
Depends on what is defined as an acceptable level. Senior couriers do just fine, but mgrs resent that they get paid more than new couriers. It's about nothing but money. And the one sided view of employees by management that employees must always be honest and loyal to the company, but management doesn't feel a responsibility to return the same.

vantexan

I can make a comment about something that doesn't involve you, you choose to take it personally and here we go with Round 9484 of you biyatching at me over your career, your life, your whatever as though I'm responsible for the mess you've made. You can fire at me all you want, I think mad van is funny.
You've made repeated negative comments about senior employees, as well as the intelligence and overall sophistication of average employees. More of the "I'm superior because I'm in management" BS. Seems important to you. Anytime I give examples of my personal experience with FedEx management it's just to demonstrate what a bunch of crooks most managers are. You must be very proud.