Peaks over

MassWineGuy

Again, all this could absolutely be underlying reasons. But still just logical conjecture.

If they get rid of lots of us at Express to rely on Ground drivers, the end of FedEx is coming sooner than I thought.

It will be fine

Again, all this could absolutely be underlying reasons. But still just logical conjecture.

If they get rid of lots of us at Express to rely on Ground drivers, the end of FedEx is coming sooner than I thought.
Where do you think the boxes will go? There’s not that much capacity out there.

Fedexcellent

I always find it funny how the same people on here love to keep repeating over and over how the absolute end of Express is near. Is it impossible to take the company at their word that they will make a market by market decision on ground versus express? It's pretty clear that they are going to a contractor model in areas where it makes sense. But they will also move certain areas to express as well.

It will be fine

I always find it funny how the same people on here love to keep repeating over and over how the absolute end of Express is near. Is it impossible to take the company at their word that they will make a market by market decision on ground versus express? It's pretty clear that they are going to a contractor model in areas where it makes sense. But they will also move certain areas to express as well.
Yes, it is impossible to take the company at their word. Their word is worthless.

btrlov

layoffs are not nesscry. the old timers are parasites on the company until they retire,... if they retire..... plenty of turnover in the midlevel ranks... simply by way of withering of benefits

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The “old timers” are the ones that are keeping the company afloat.
Exactly. If not for the old timers, who would knock on a door for a resi delivery and wait 2 minutes for the recipient to answer in order to hand him a package that requires no signature???? That's a valuable skill that this company desperately needs more of.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Exactly. If not for the old timers, who would knock on a door for a resi delivery and wait 2 minutes for the recipient to answer in order to hand him a package that requires no signature???? That's a valuable skill that this company desperately needs more of.
Sounds to me like you weren't very effective or proficient at training.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
layoffs are not nesscry. the old timers are parasites on the company until they retire,... if they retire..... plenty of turnover in the midlevel ranks... simply by way of withering of benefits
You probably deserve what you’re getting.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sounds to me like you weren't very effective or proficient at training.
You'd be amazed at how many times I had people who did that tell me that it was a vital customer service skill that our customers loved. Equally amazing was the look on their faces when you told them that 95% of the time the customer is the shipper and the shipper doesn't care if you drop and go or if you stand there all day.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You'd be amazed at how many times I had people who did that tell me that it was a vital customer service skill that our customers loved. Equally amazing was the look on their faces when you told them that 95% of the time the customer is the shipper and the shipper doesn't care if you drop and go or if you stand there all day.
No waiting for non signature required, drop and go. I don’t want to meet you.

vantexan

Darwinian capitalism. Let's put all the senior couriers on icebergs and push them out to sea.