pen knife vs pocket knife

I carry my old fiber splicing blade and my Klein scissors. I walk to work through a railroad-ish bad part of the city. Two people have been mugged there in the last ten years coming to work (three now I guess).

Forget their policy, haha. The scissors make for a good fist blade and the knife can cut a penny in half. I'm not getting run for my gear. I've already been mugged once and kicked the guy's ass until he was begging for mercy. If I ever get mugged by someone who can fight, I might need my blades.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I carry my old fiber splicing blade and my Klein scissors. I walk to work through a railroad-ish bad part of the city. Two people have been mugged there in the last ten years coming to work (three now I guess).

Forget their policy, haha. The scissors make for a good fist blade and the knife can cut a penny in half. I'm not getting run for my gear. I've already been mugged once and kicked the guy's ass until he was begging for mercy. If I ever get mugged by someone who can fight, I might need my blades.
If you kicked his arse, you didn't get mugged.

By the way, good job on the woopin'!

Haha thanks. I'm actually pretty proud of myself. He caught me off guard and tackled me, then nailed me in the back of the head and the world went white and then suddenly red and I was on him and maybe a minute and a half and I've got him subdued. I just couldn't stop hitting him with my maglite. At one point his hands went to his pockets and I bent his elbows backwards.

I was terrified I killed the guy. I waited a few minutes just to be sure the dude stood up. I definitely broke some fingers, the bone above his eye, presumably his nose unless it was broken at some point prior, and I made him beg. I had a welt the size of a softball behind my head. I still have no idea what he hit me with. Lucky I didn't have my .44 on me. He would've been dead the second he said he had a gun.

MzTeaze

In my orientation class, another new hire asked about the UPS weapons policy. This person asked because they never traveled without having something on their person as a weapon. When told that they needed to leave their weapon of choice in their car (it was a blade), the person replied that they didn't have a car. The trainer then said, there are lockers outside of the security shack bring a lock with you and leave it there.

Bottom line, the official policy is zero tolerance until (or if) you get caught.