Pension changes?

542thruNthru

Think it comes down to the diversity of the plan…we don’t just have transportation companies that have been going under for the last 50 years. Actually, the plan has participating companies in many more states than just in the west.
So, the foresight to actually run a plan is what you're saying? :)

542thruNthru

Crazy, isn’t it.
Oh, they'll tell you how it wasn't their fault and we need to level the playing field... while they get more and more and more money. Just ask us for some advice. Now I see why their principal officers are always presidents. Haven't Learned that the guy that knows about money should probably be in charge.:)

ApprehensiveArcticHeron-small.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Think it comes down to the diversity of the plan…we don’t just have transportation companies that have been going under for the last 50 years. Actually, the plan has participating companies in many more states than just the West.

Don't forget about all those part timers' monetary contributions into their pension fund, those under the Central have always been under the Company's defined pension. UPS has complete control over any vested service time as a part timer even over our full timers and pays continues to pay peanuts for those years.

Oh, they'll tell you how it wasn't their fault and we need to level the playing field... while they get more and more and more money. Just ask us for some advice. Now I see why their principal officers are always presidents. Haven't Learned that the guy that knows about money should probably be in charge.:)

View attachment 461356

They need to freaking wake up. I swear…..

The Central has always been messed with..most of it has to do with corruption on the highest levels. The Feds did not help any with deregulation back in the 80's, membership dwindled as these CEO's found an out similar to what happen to Yellow.

To be truthful the West Coast had smarter people running it, they did diversified into other fields than just trucking, the Central and some of the East Coast never changed with the times...Still in that Jimmy Hoffa Old School mindset and we all under those plans continue to suffer.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

1703943444936.png

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The Central has always been messed with..most of it has to do with corruption on the highest levels.

I think it's safe to say, we can move on from the 50's, 60's, and 70's.

To be truthful the West Coast had smarter people running it, they did diversified into other fields than just trucking, the Central and some of the East Coast never changed with the times...

The Central States pension fund is diversified, as far as other industries. They just got laden with the bulk

freight companies that went belly up because of deregulation and not paying their withdraw obligations.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think it's safe to say, we can move on from the 50's, 60's, and 70's.

The Central States pension fund is diversified, as far as other industries. They just got laden with the bulk

freight companies that went belly up because of deregulation and not paying their withdraw obligations.
The government stepping in to take control didn't help much either.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Still not understanding how the West was so better managed.
This is from the west coast pension summary booklet that just came in the mail. I opened the first page and saw this graph that is interesting.
IMG_1462.jpeg

IMG_1463.jpeg

Look at the % of the fund that is package delivery (brown is the largest Teamster employer in the plan) or Freight. As a whole each of the above industries are fairly small compared to the whole of the plan. Like I said before, diversity is the lifeblood of any pension plan. Thought you would find this interesting @Over70irregs.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
This is from the west coast pension summary booklet that just came in the mail. I opened the first page and saw this graph that is interesting.
View attachment 461722

View attachment 461723

Look at the % of the fund that is package delivery (brown is the largest Teamster employer in the plan) or Freight. As a whole each of the above industries are fairly small compared to the whole of the plan. Like I said before, diversity is the lifeblood of any pension plan. Thought you would find this interesting @Over70irregs.
Thanks, we’ll be sure to siphon some more off next time

Over70irregs

View attachment 461722

View attachment 461723

Great pics and info. I always thought UPS was holding the plan together. Would it survive without UPS? Need a $ contribution graphic. Good post