UPS Strike prediction

Pullman Brown

Stop your nonsense. Every center has those problems and why would you still be there? We don’t even have air drivers after 10 o’clock. If a driver gets sick, or has a personal emergency, the other drivers pick up the slack and make the overtime either by voluntary measures or forced.

This is the way!

vvv

Car wash is after. That way I am paid OT at the higher rate. Also if I go over 40 hours then Saturday Air is all OT. It all adds up over the course of a year. I work a lot of half days. 8:30 in the morning till sometimes 10:00 at night. Not too many people are willing to do that.
8:30am til 10pm at work ....... sounds like you have quite the exciting life going on. Pretty pathetic and sad from my point of view.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
He will deflect. And pretend he is a tough guy at the union hall. Pfft. Lol.

I met him back in "96", back then he was working in the Carey administration. I got the expression that he was sincere about changing the corrupt practices associated with the Teamsters at that time. The political climate at that time was a bastard, most of the high ranking Union officials in power were loyal to the Hoffa and the Old Guard, Carey was fully supported by the grass root rank and file and TDU. The Carey ticket won primarily on increasing the Central States pension benefits to 3,000 a month (30 year service) from what was offered at that time which was stuck on 1,500. In my Local Carey was like God, I remember he had a rally at a waterpark in our city, close to a thousand showed up, he had charisma for sure.

Everybody has to remember that anyone on that political circuit would change their support on which way the wind is blowing. Carey got ousted in "98" after the strike, Hoffa then was put into his position by decree. Ken H. then lost his place in power and even was thinking about running against Hoffa in the next election, he wisely decided not to. He did get back into power during the 2002 Contract when Bill L. was basically fired because of Company's stonewalling and lack of progress with the negotiations. He has been a loyal Hoffa supporter since that time, and I have my opinion that he really was running the show prior to the 2013 Contract, he and Carey really did a excellent job with the strike unfortunately the powers that be made an executive decision that Carey had to go. As mentioned before I have experienced the same lack of follow up or response to my own and others questions dealing with our previous Contract with in our Union Leadership, no meetings set up, no returned phone calls, no written responses in letter form asking for help or answers. That is probably one of the reasons why our current membership is stuck on apathy, nobody believes a thing come out of their mouths, transparence has never been a strongpoint with the Teamsters, everything is on a "need to know basis".

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I met him back in "96", back then he was working in the Carey administration. I got the expression that he was sincere about changing the corrupt practices associated with the Teamsters at that time. The political climate at that time was a bastard, most of the high ranking Union officials in power were loyal to the Hoffa and the Old Guard, Carey was fully supported by the grass root rank and file and TDU. The Carey ticket won primarily on increasing the Central States pension benefits to 3,000 a month (30 year service) from what was offered at that time which was stuck on 1,500. In my Local Carey was like God, I remember he had a rally at a waterpark in our city, close to a thousand showed up, he had charisma for sure.

Everybody has to remember that anyone on that political circuit would change their support on which way the wind is blowing. Carey got ousted in "98" after the strike, Hoffa then was put into his position by decree. Ken H. then lost his place in power and even was thinking about running against Hoffa in the next election, he wisely decided not to. He did get back into power during the 2002 Contract when Bill L. was basically fired because of Company's stonewalling and lack of progress with the negotiations. He has been a loyal Hoffa supporter since that time, and I have my opinion that he really was running the show prior to the 2013 Contract, he and Carey really did a excellent job with the strike unfortunately the powers that be made an executive decision that Carey had to go. As mentioned before I have experienced the same lack of follow up or response to my own and others questions dealing with our previous Contract with in our Union Leadership, no meetings set up, no returned phone calls, no written responses in letter form asking for help or answers. That is probably one of the reasons why our current membership is stuck on apathy, nobody believes a thing come out of their mouths, transparence has never been a strongpoint with the Teamsters, everything is on a "need to know basis".
The Carey years were the best years to be a Teamster.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I must have an amended copy of the contract because my contract book sure says that.

ARTICLE 40. AIR OPERATION

Preamble

"In order for the Employer, the Union and the employees to further benefit from the expanding air operations, the following Sections shall supersede language on the same subjects in the Supplements, Riders and Addenda, unless specifically stated otherwise in this Article."

Thebrownblob

PT Car Washer

Thebrownblob

I bet you feel foolish now.
1682259491534.gif

Attachments

• 1682259490874.gif
    1682259490874.gif
    8 MB · Views: 33

Thebrownblob

You shouldn't. Just stay in there.
I don’t feel foolish because I can lay my head down every night, knowing I haven’t purposely went out of my way to screw Junior members or the unborn, while constantly complaining that some arbitrary union official is doing the same thing. I have what’s called a conscience.

PT Car Washer

I don’t feel foolish because I can lay my head down every night, knowing I haven’t purposely went out of my way to screw Junior members or the unborn, while constantly complaining that some arbitrary union official is doing the same thing. I have what’s called a conscience.
Your "arbitrary" Union officials decisions along with several labor managers goes back over 30 years. Bargaining unit members will perform bargaining unit work whenever possible. Maybe in the BOG where you work you have a bench of delivery drivers waiting at the building ready to take over at anytime but my building doesn't.