Pension Check

rod

Retired 22 years
Congrats on getting out a live!

I tell everyone "Get Busy or Die". Stay Busy, Stay Happy!

Taxes? I am one of those retiree's that controls my own quarterly payments. I don't want to give them a cent more than I am responsible for. It's a personal choice for most.
We've paid quarterly taxes for over 18 years now. Its worked well for us but then again we have always been "under control" when it came to money. Live within your means and things will be great.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have them mail me a void pension check instead of letting them do everything online. I get that in the mail a couple of days before the money gets direct deposited in the bank.
I don't think we have an option. I get a stub mailed every month. What a waste of money.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Some of the Old Timers on here like Rod, Old N Gray, and Upstate should have the correct info for when you will receive your direct deposit. I've been retired 21 and 1/2 years. When 1st falls on Sat mine is deposited on Sat. When 1st falls on Sun mine is deposited on Sat. If 1st falls on a holiday, it is posted the day before unless the 1st is a Monday holiday, then deposited on Sat. Been that way for 21 1/2 years. Never failed.

rod

Retired 22 years
Some of the Old Timers on here like Rod, Old N Gray, and Upstate should have the correct info for when you will receive your direct deposit. I've been retired 21 and 1/2 years. When 1st falls on Sat mine is deposited on Sat. When 1st falls on Sun mine is deposited on Sat. If 1st falls on a holiday, it is posted the day before unless the 1st is a Monday holiday, then deposited on Sat. Been that way for 21 1/2 years. Never failed.
@UpstateNYUPSer is a rookie at the retirement game---but I'm sure Mr. Know It All can tell you all the facts .

Gixxer2003

You’ve been retired 21 years already and you’re still alive ? no offense I’m confused the pension is 10 years how are u still gettin direct deposit @ 21. Years I wasn’t aware u can get a bank deposit on Saturday or Sunday the Banks are closed

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You’ve been retired 21 years already and you’re still alive ? no offense I’m confused the pension is 10 years how are u still gettin direct deposit @ 21. Years I wasn’t aware u can get a bank deposit on Saturday or Sunday the Banks are closed

The pension payments continue until either you die or, if you chose the survivor benefit, until your spouse dies.

Direct deposits are made regardless of whether your bank is open or not.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Retired at 49 with 30 long years of abuse on the job. Pension is for life in our local. My bank does not deposit on Sunday, that is why if the 1st is on a Monday and its a holiday it is deposited on Saturday. Pension never failed to be deposited correctly during the entire 21 years. Some banks may not deposit on Saturday, shop around. My goal is to live long enough to collect one million, getting close.

Shiftless

10 year pension? Are you a teamster? What region are you in?

I'm another retiree who was 49 when walking out the building! I have been gone 14 plus years (15 around the corner) and only once was there a deposit hiccup that was not influenced by a Weekend or Holiday. Virtually like clock work. Signing up for Medicare next!

I would say more about retirement but many wouldn't understand! Some really get it!
I highly recommend it if you get the chance!

Gixxer2003

Guys local 804 pension is 120 months guaranteed. That’s 10 years right i was under the impression that that was all u get

Shiftless

Guys local 804 pension is 120 months guaranteed. That’s 10 years right i was under the impression that that was all u get

804 Long Island NY? I would imagine Upstate and you are under the same retirement plan. This below probably applies to you also. Just a guess!

The pension payments continue until either you die or, if you chose the survivor benefit, until your spouse dies.

Direct deposits are made regardless of whether your bank is open or not.