Pension Check

Discussion in 'UPS Retirement Topics' started by Gixxer2003, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Gixxer2003

Gixxer2003 Member

Pension checks are issued on the first of every month but when do you get it if the first falls on a Saturday or Sunday. Will you get it before or after the weekend. And what about holidays if we are off thurs fri (thanksgiving) and the 1st falls on a Sunday do we get the pension check on Wednesday like we get our ups checks before a holiday?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Generally if the 1st falls on a Saturday you will get your direct deposit on Friday and if it falls on a Sunday you will get it the following day (Monday), although I have noticed that I have received it on the Friday before.

BF is not a bank holiday and as such you will either get your Dec. check on either Friday or Monday----most likely on Friday.

3. Gixxer2003

Gixxer2003 Member

Thanks I’m asking cause its my first one

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

Congrats!

This will be my 18th. :)

5. Gixxer2003

Gixxer2003 Member

Nice I elected to pay my own taxes. What do u think ? Did i just shoot myself in the foot

6. UpstateNYUPSer

If it were me I would submit the WP-4. I got burned my first year for not having enough taken out for taxes and had to pay both state and federal.

7. Gixxer2003

Gixxer2003 Member

That’s what worries me that i will fall behind then owe a ton of money. But i already told them not to take taxes out i need to feel my full amount every month. I don’t understand why this country cant just take a flat fee from everyone $99.00 per week or month they burn us with taxes

8. UpstateNYUPSer

You can submit a new WP-4 at any time.

9. Gixxer2003

Gixxer2003 Member

Is there a way to see our pension checks online Like on UPSERS.COM ?

10. UpstateNYUPSer

Are you under the company or Teamster pension plan?

I am under the NYS Teamsters Pension Fund and they do not send out a "pay stub" so the only way we can really know what has been taken out is when we get our W-2's.

11. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

WDFD

12. Get his ass

13. Gixxer2003

Gixxer2003 Member

I’m under the teamsters pension is there a pension website

14. UpstateNYUPSer

There is (www.teamster.org) but you will not find your pension info there.

With only one month left in this year it should not be a big deal but you may want to reconsider either having taxes withheld or setting aside money to pay the taxes for 2020 when you file in 2021.

15. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I have them mail me a void pension check instead of letting them do everything online. I get that in the mail a couple of days before the money gets direct deposited in the bank.

16. Gixxer2003

Gixxer2003 Member

I will look into that I’m just hoping i get my checks this week due to the 1st falling on a Sunday

17. UpstateNYUPSer

I would be surprised if they wait until Monday to deposit them.

18. Shiftless

Shiftless Active Member

Congrats on getting out a live!

I tell everyone "Get Busy or Die". Stay Busy, Stay Happy!

Taxes? I am one of those retiree's that controls my own quarterly payments. I don't want to give them a cent more than I am responsible for. It's a personal choice for most.

19. Gixxer2003

Gixxer2003 Member

That’s a good idea control your own money

20. Gixxer2003

Gixxer2003 Member

Thanks for the info be well.